Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Type: Full Time
St. Francis of Bellingham
3121 Squalicum Pkwy
At Avamere, our mission is to enhance the life of every person we serve.
This includes our patients, residents, patient and resident family members, and our fellow co-workers.
Annual Wage Increases
Full-time Day & Night Shift Available
Avamere St. Francis of Bellingham
3121 Squalicum Parkway
Bellingham, WA 98225
The primary responsibility of this position is to implement and maintain established nursing objectives and standards, provide direct nursing care to the residents and supervise the day to day nursing activities performed by the CNA's.
Implement and maintain established nursing practice objectives and standards
- Complete required recordkeeping while admitting, transferring, and discharging residents
- Coordinate with nursing staff and support personnel daily to plan shift services, programs, and activities to ensure the resident's total regimen of patient care is maintained
- Provide direct patient care to residents
- Prepare and administer medications and review medication cards for completeness and accuracy
- Review patient care plans for appropriate resident goals, problems, approaches, and revisions based on nursing needs
- Plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures necessary for providing quality patient care
- Supervise the day-to-day nursing and caregiving activities performed by CNAs
- Provide guidance and leadership to nursing personnel and make daily rounds of your unit to ensure staff are providing direct care in accordance with resident's care plan and wishes
- Develop and maintain rapport and employee culture with nursing staff, other department personnel, patients and residents, family members, and all other individuals involved in patient care
- Chart nurses' notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident and resident's response to care
- Participate in facility surveys by authorized government agencies
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines
- Nursing degree from an accredited college or university
- Current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN in this state
- Knowledge of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to nursing care communities
- Experience with electronic medical records and computer documentation systems
- Tuition assistance
- Mentorship opportunities
- Employee assistance program featuring discounts on gym memberships, financial coaching, counseling services, and more
- Generous employee referral program
- Paid time off
- 401K retirement plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Comprehensive benefits package with medical coverage, voluntary dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term disability, and AD&D coverage
St. Francis of Bellingham is a long-standing skilled nursing community. The team at this 120-bed community has cared for seniors in the Bellingham, Washington area for over 30 years. Their services include: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, long-term care, and respite care.
With a 5-star staffing rating from Medicare, the team is primed to support their patients as they help them work toward their therapy goals.
Get to know more about St. Francis of Bellingham on their blog and Facebook.
Avamere Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer