Posted in Other 7 days ago.
Type: Full Time
If you enjoy developing complex strategies, influencing others, and driving change in a fast-paced environment then this is the role for you! This is a key role that will help apply sourcing leadership and best practices to our Supply Chain in support of continuing the Global Sourcing Transformation. This is a great role to learn more about our North America Retail (NAR) manufacturing plants and gain visibility into other Supply Chain support organizations.
Across our NA manufacturing plants we buy more than 400,000 \\"Maintenance Repair Operating things\\" to enable our plants to run safety and efficiently! With a fragmented category ranging from industrial supplies and gases, to glue, power transmission & bearings, this role has a unique opportunity to develop and implement multiple category strategies each year. This role also gains excellent experience in negotiating, contracting, and supplier management with 20+ preferred suppliers and a robust supplier cost savings program.
This position works closely with the Global Maintenance Repair Operating (MRO) Category Manager based in Nyon, Switzerland, as well as the incredible MRO team members including the Agile Buyer, MRO Middle Tail buyer, and MRO tactical buyer. This high functioning buying team leverages Agile ways of working through bi-weekly sprint planning as well as a WDS (weekly direction setting) process. These are unique applications applied to a buying team willing to try new things to ACCELERATE!
Stakeholders for this position will work with will include Manufacturing, Engineering, FSQ, Global Safety, NAR Business Teams, Global Sourcing Operations, Supply Chain Indirect team, as well as others.
- Management of $130MM spend across North America region
- Deliver $6MM cost savings in F21
- Optimize the Purchase to Pay process in MRO category
- Partner with Global Category Manager and MRO buying team to realize the full holistic category strategy for the MRO category
- Provide project management and leadership to enable effective decision making and execution of sourcing initiatives
- Leverage Preferred Supplier relationships to deliver incremental value to the category
- Provide sourcing leadership to internal stakeholders in order to enable business strategies
- Commercialize partnerships with contracts that leverage GMI's scale and external partner capabilities to deliver a competitive advantage for GMI. Ensure implementation of negotiated prices/contracts
- Integrate and optimize the MRO category's use of the Sourcing COEs (Centers of Excellence)
- Ensure GMI's Code of Conduct and Ethics policies are foremost in all supplier interactions
- Lead execution of Indirect Sourcing OGSM initiatives as applicable
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of Sourcing / Purchasing / Supply Chain/Manufacturing/Engineering experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Management, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, or Engineering required
- 5+ years of Sourcing / Purchasing / Supply Chain/Manufacturing/Engineering experience
- Source to Pay process experience
- An interest to learn more about NAR manufacturing plants
- Experience leading negotiations
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple ongoing projects in parallel
- Maximo usage and navigation
- Manufacturing plant leadership experience
- Strong communication skills to influence and translate technical messages to understandable outputs
- Adaptability to communicate to different audiences
- Organizational leadership and ability to influence internal and external to GMI
- Capacity to manage complexity & ambiguity
- Strategy development and execution
- Executive communication
- Creative problem solving
- Analytical skills and ability to create data strategies for improved data accuracy
- Fostering innovation
- Bias for action .
General Mills is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply to any General Mills employment opportunities.