Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world's leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world's current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world's safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society s use of and perceptions of electric power.
This is fantastic opportunity for a motivated ProgramManager who has experience inhigh volume Manufacturingto help define the project improvement activities and facilitateprojects through to completion with expected benefits.
This is a newly created position, and a great opportunity for someone to help facilitate change on a huge scale level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and lead multiple, complex work streams and collaborate with various departments across time zones in a non-repetitive role, including:
- Creating a project/program plan
- Managing deliverables and timelines
- Coordinating and facilitating meetings
- Preparing action logs, status reports and task tracking
- Actively participate in issue resolution and thoughtful escalation of risk
- Complete work with minimal guidance and direction, where typical assignments have a medium to high level of complexity which may involve unstructured and ambiguous situations
- Apply understanding of Project Management methodologies and principles as fit for premium effectiveness
- Regularly demonstrate strong technical and analytical skills used to guide milestone creation and benefit realization
- Influence without authority and an aptitude for negotiation
- Develop relationships and expertise within other business divisions to provide continued value-add services
- Adaptability to diverse people and situations, including ability to manage conflict professionally
- Serve as a mentor both within and outside the function
- As needed, assist with executive leadership presentations and provide input to/support the project portfolio and/or resource management processes
- BS Degree in Engineering, Science,or closely related technical field required
- 5+ years of progressively complex cross-functional project and/or program Management experience required
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, listening) and presentation skills through use of Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Project
- Experience in process improvement in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with proven ability to manage multiple demands successfully within a matrixed organization
- Strong financial acumen and analytical problem-solving skills
- Relationship management and conflict resolution skills, with a proven track record of positive collaboration, influencing and extensively coordinating with internal and external partners including Senior Leaders
- Team player, collaborative, comfortable to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, within a cross-border, remote team environment
- Certified Project/Program Management credentials
- Issue tracking software (i.e. JIRA, Teamwork, Wrike)
- Oracle Primavera P6 EPPM
- MS, MBA
In addition to an environment that's as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America..