Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Panasonic - Front End Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we've been committed to improving peoples' lives and making the world a better place-one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get to Do:
You will work in a small team of engineers to build new web experiences from the ground-up, as well as integrate new features. You are expected to be a hands-on developer who excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment building high quality, high performance and scalable ecommerce software. You will be expected to work equally between design and hands-on development. You will work closely with mobile, services and other client developers to define and provide the appropriate APIs. Having experience in ecommerce and web development is also a definitive plus as well as experience with machine learning.
- Work closely with UX designers, project managers and back-end engineers to implement versatile front-end solutions to web development issues.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what a browser can do.
- Manage your own time and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Launch, iterate and make a difference. Provide front-end coding expertise and help make our products better for users.
- Design and develop the front ends of user-facing products.
What You'll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field preferred
- Experience with and passion for user-interface design.
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with communicating to all levels of users (internal and external), demonstrated problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
- Demonstrated sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience, including accessibility.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Hands-on experience building custom components with one or more ecommerce platforms (Shopify, Salesforce, SAP Hybris) is a plus.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.