Posted in Other 7 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Hope. Care. Cure. These three simple words capture what we do at Seattle Children's - to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Are you ready to engage with a mission-driven organization that is life-changing to many, and touches the hearts of all? #HOPECARECURE
As one of the nation's top five pediatric research centers, Seattle Children's Research Institute is dedicated to providing hope, care, and cures to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible.
Our investigators are involved in hundreds of projects that cover every phase of research, from studying how diseases work to improving investigational therapies. They have pioneered groundbreaking cystic fibrosis treatments and cutting-edge cancer therapies that help a child's immune system defeat cancer, and made other major contributions to pediatric medicine.
Researchers work in close collaboration with one another, their colleagues at partner institutions including the and and our healthcare providers at Seattle Children's Hospital, one of top children's hospitals. This collaboration is one of our key strengths, allowing our faculty to draw on a variety of disciplines and techniques as they pursue solutions to some of medicine's most complex problems.
We are committed to not only treating disease but to eliminating it. Help us achieve our vision of being a worldwide leader in pediatric research aimed to improve the health and well-being of children. If you are interested in a challenging career aimed at groundbreaking research, Seattle Children's Research Institute is the place for you.
We are hiring Grants & Contract Administrators to join our Seattle Children's team supporting the Center for Clinical and Translational Research and the Center for Child Health, Behavior & Development! If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of patients and families, we seek quality people with the right skills. We look for team players who want to work at the top of their skill level and continually improve the care we provide.
What You Will Do:
The position will be responsible for pre and post award portfolio management including proposal preparation, budget development, financial review and analysis, effort management, grant/contract management and closeouts. Our portfolio covers clinical and translational research projects. This position will serve as a liaison between the Center Business Office, Principal Investigators (PIs), and Center Support Services departments. The successful candidate will join a motivated team of employees within the Center Business Operations Department. This position will have the opportunity to help our team document and improve our grant and financial processes.
Seattle Children's Employer Highlights:
- Leader in Pediatric Care: Because of our people, Seattle Children's is recognized as a leading teaching, research and specialty care center at the forefront of pediatric care.
- Competitive Benefits: We support a healthy work-life balance. Our benefits include employee care, paid time off, health insurance and retirement savings.
- Diversity/Inclusion: We strive to maintain an atmosphere that reflects our values of inclusion by providing effective and respectful care compatible with each patient and family's beliefs, values, and heritage.'
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least five (5) years' administrative and/or management experience
- At least three (3) years' experience managing federal and non-federal grant application/award processes and post award grants management.
- Certified Research Administrator
- Experience with industry sponsor clinical trials management
- Familiarity with Seattle Children's and UW fiscal processes and systems
Our Commitment to Diversity
Our community welcomes diverse experiences, backgrounds, and thoughts as this is what drives our spirit of inquiry and allows us to better connect with our increasingly diverse patients and families. Our organization recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The people who work at Seattle Children's are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels.
Seattle Children's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.
- Area of Interest: Research & Development;
- FTE/Hours per pay period: 1.0 FTE (80 hours per bi-weekly pay periods);
- Work Status: Regular;
- Department: Center Business Operations;
- Shift: Day Shift;
- Job ID: 36152;.