Posted in Other 13 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Consistently ranked among the top veterinary colleges in the country, Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM) has a strong commitment to graduate education and is dedicated to promoting research in biomedical and biological sciences that will advance the health and welfare of animals and humans. The Office of Graduate Education is seeking a temporary worker to provide administrative support to the college's mission toward graduate education, supporting the Biomedical and Biological Sciences (BBS) Program, the DVM seeking PhD degree program, the Combined DVM-PhD program, and the Veterinary Investigator Program (VIP).
The temporary worker primary responsibilities will be managing both the BBS PhD applications (application deadline 12/1/20) and Veterinary Investigator Summer Program (VIP) applications (application deadline 1/31/21). This position will also assist the Graduate Education Manager in planning of BBS PhD recruitment events, which will be held virtually mid-December through a culminating event in early February.Utilizing the CollegeNET online PhD application system; council prospective applicants to ensure that application information is timely and complete; tracking online applications and distribute completed applications electronically to application readers.The Veterinary Investigator Summer Program (VIP), is an intensive 10 week summer program for DVM students conducting biomedical research with CVM faculty members. Current DVM students from around the world will be submitting applications via Qualtrics survey system. The temporary worker will be responsible to assembling completed applications for review by the Associate Dean of Research & Graduate Education.
- Must be able to adapt to changing priorities, situations, and demands.
- Demonstrated history of reliability and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to work independently while supporting the efforts of the Office of Graduate Education.
- Must be flexible and receptive to new ideas and approaches.
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate with faculty reviewers to keep review processes moving forward.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Well-developed computer skills and the ability to adapt to new technology are essential.When applying through our system, please attach your application materials (Resume/Cover Letter/CV) in either Microsoft Word or PDF format, preferably as one document. An attached cover letter is required to be considered for this posting. In the Experience section of your application, use the 'Drop Files Here' box to manually drag document(s) into your application. For a more detailed description and instructions on how to apply online please click here as an external candidate or click here if you are an internal candidate. Please note: Cornell Employees must apply through the Internal Cornell Career site.Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.Background check may be required.
University Job Title:Temp Serv Prof
Level:No Grade - Hourly
Pay Rate Type:Hourly
Contact Name:Carolyn Chow
Number of Openings:1
If you currently work at Cornell University, please exit this website and log in to using your Net ID and password. Select the Career icon on your Home dashboard to view jobs at Cornell.
Online Submission Guidelines:
Most positions at Cornell will require you to apply online and submit both a resume/CV and cover letter. You can upload documents either by \\"dragging and dropping\\" them into the dropbox or by using the \\"upload\\" icon on the application page. For more detailed instructions on how to apply to a job at Cornell, visit on the HR website.
If you require an accommodation for a disability in order to complete an employment application or to participate in the recruiting process, you are encouraged to contact Cornell University's Department of Inclusion and Workforce Diversity at voice (607) 255-3976, fax (607) 255-7481, or email at.
For general questions about the position or the application process, please contact the Recruiter listed in the job posting.
Applicants that do not have internet access are encouraged to visit your local library, or local Department of Labor. You may also visit the office of Workforce Recruitment and Retention Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. to use a dedicated workstation to complete an online application.
Notice to Applicants:
Please read the required Notice to Applicants statement by . This notice contains important information about applying for a position at Cornell as well as some of your rights and responsibilities as an applicant.
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University's heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. We also recognize a lawful preference in employment practices for Native Americans living on or near Indian reservations. Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students, and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose, and contribute creative ideas to further the university's mission of teaching, discovery, and engagement.