Posted in Other 3 days ago.
Type: Full Time
RTI is seeking a Assistant General Operations Manager who will oversee a preventive maintenance program with a key focus on Custodial Program, Civil Maintenance Program inclusive of Stormwater/Retention Pond Best Management control Practices (BMP), Pest Management Program, Landscaping Program, and General Operations(Meeting Room Setup, Nitrogen Fills, Office Setups, and other similar items). This position will NOT oversee Mechanical Electrical, Plumbing, or Controls Systems as they are managed by other groups.
This onsite position will supervise the Structures Supervisor, the second shift Custodial Supervisor, and Day Porter Crew Lead while managing several third-party vendors. The Assistant General Operations Manager will ensure safe work practices are performed during all field tasks by RTI staff, and Contractors. Assistant General Operations Manager will provide inputs into OpEx and CapEx budget. This candidate is central to managing safety of campus customers, reliable structures and collaborating with the Assistant Facility Manager to oversee campus strategy during inclement weather not limited to snow, tornados, tropical storms, hurricanes, and storms.
- Establish a preventive maintenance program that ensures maintenance tasks are performed in an efficient, cost-effective, reliable, and safe manner.
- Develop and manage long-term goals that align with the Mission and Vision of FOP while creating Preventive Maintenance culture that will drive continuous safety throughout custodial program, building envelope, paving surface, walking surface, drainage, BCP, trees, and landscaping while enhancing productivity within the Department.
- Utilize the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to track overall productivity, reliability, and regulatory compliance of the maintenance program while reviewing metrics with Supervisors to reinforce a safety culture centered around customer service excellence.
- Create and monitor Customer Surveys and share with team members offering feedback on what is working well and is recommended for improvement.
- Develop reports within the Computerized Maintenance Management System to monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI) that will promote best practices related to building asset optimization, preventive and reliability maintenance.
- Develop and create KPI's, interprets data from the CMMS to monitor and adjust maintenance program to improve overall utilization while minimizing downtime for customers due to building envelope concerns, and reducing safety, custodial, or pest concerns.
- Develop and manage an Asset Management Program to improve the overall reliability, efficiency, and Total Cost of Ownership for campus Building Envelop items (Glass, Roof, Building Penetration Items, paved surfaces, concrete surfaces, landscaping items).
- Collaborates with Facilities Engineering and takes the lead on investigating building envelope concerns as they relate to leaks, moisture, water infiltration, radon, glass repairs, and other concerns.
- Performs facility inspections to make a proactive recommendation of repairs as relates but not limited to the following: Building envelope, ADA Compliance entrance, ceiling, floors, painting, high use area, window seals, door sweeps/seals, basement cracks, entire building structure while ensuring that the campus is safe.
- Alternates schedule at least twice a month to perform quality inspections, provide onsite support to second shift custodial team, build relationships, listen to staff concerns, and complete inspections.
- Perform periodic quality control campus inspections on grounds, campus drainage and all work performed both in house and contracted externally to ensure compliance with all safety protocols, applicable codes, regulations, OSHA requirements, and company procedures related to building operations and work safety.
- Performs periodic inspections of grounds, drainage, recreational fields, recreational equipment, and sports courts are appropriately maintained and work closely recreational committee to schedule repairs.
- Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
- Develop 5-year repair plan while performing annual inspections and maintenance of parking garages, roadways, paved walkways, parking lot striping, curb striping paved striping, and building exterior cleaning.
- Collaborates with Landscaping vendor to maintain weatherization of irrigation and activation of campus irrigation and collaborate with grounds on setting irrigation schedule timer in addition to Durham County.
- Maintain campus custodial program, curb appeal, hardscapes, paved surfaces, retention pond, storm drain, exterior needs, and grounds.
- Maintain inventory of Custodial Supplies to ensure campus is stocked ahead of any manufacture logistical concerns.
- Manage customer relationships inclusive of but not limited to responding to requests promptly, appropriately setting expectations, leading initiatives and/or projects to successful completion
- Manage all building exterior contracts not limited to pest control, grounds, Stormwater/Retention Pond BMP, and geese management contracts to verify contractual obligations are met in accordance to RTI proposal.
- Collaborate to implement campus BCP program for weather events, plan and cleanup of campus with third party vendors during weather events not limited to storms, hurricanes, tornados, snow, etc...
- Monitor campus conditions overnight as needed during adverse weather events (snow, ice, etc.) and coordinate campus cleanup efforts.
- Oversee and manage third-party contracts that are not limited to the following: metal recycling, solid and recycling waste management, composting, Stormwater/Retention Pond BMP,, Shred Contract, custodial contract, custodial material, annual forklift training, scissor lift training, restoration company, restoration, pest management, geese management, snow clearing and landscaping contracts for 180+ acre campus including remote facilities. Attend capital project meetings and collaborate with capital projects team to understand impact projects may have on building exterior, outdoor infrastructure, and grounds and coordinate solutions with all trades.
- Manage restoration repairs and projects related to campus flooding while collaborating with EHS to ensure the area is completely dry and repaired.
- Attend capital project meetings and collaborate with the capital projects team to understand the impact projects may have on building exterior, outdoor infrastructure, and grounds and coordinate solutions with all trades.
- Review facility design modifications, including capital projects, maintenance repairs, renewals for recreational courts, building envelop, roofing, building structure, campus infrastructure, and civil structures.
- Oversee installation of all landscaping projects, including pine straw, mulch, planting vegetation, planting trees, and removing dead trees and/or vegetation.
- Proactively develop economic landscaping recommendations to help enhance the curb appeal to campus staff while proactively performing quality inspections of existing landscaping.
- Develop Snow Clearing Plan and manage all inclement weather contracts while maintaining an onsite project management presence during onsite campus clearing for any minor or major inclement weather.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available- https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf