Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Medical Secretary- Internal Medicine
HMHG IM Gerard Faugno MD
HMH Physician Services, Inc.
Full Time with Benefits
Standard Hours Per Week
No Weekends Required
On Call Work
No On-Call Required
No Holidays Required
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Medical Secretary performs a variety of secretarial and administrative duties for the assigned physicians, section chiefs or chairman relating to the organization and management of the department.
A day in the life of a Medical Secretary at Hackensack Meridian includes:
Schedules appointments, meetings or conferences for departmental personnel utilizing interdepartmental and/or hospital wide computerized scheduling systems.
- Enters inpatient and outpatient profession charges on medical billing system.
- Composes and prepares correspondences.
- Uses knowledge of medical terminology to transcribe patient information from written copy, electronic equipment
or verbal direction.
- Files reports, prepares documents, and forwards correspondence.
- Prioritizes call through screening process; transfer calls, records messages and delivers to appropriate personnel.
- Reviews, screens and distributes daily mail correspondence to appropriate personnel.
- Orders office supplies and maintains inventory.
- Maintains up-to-date departmental manuals and files.
- Assists in coordination of special projects.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Associate's degree.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.