Posted in Other 14 days ago.
Type: Full Time
US-VA-McLean | US-DC-Washington | US-VA-Reston
IT: Administrator / Analyst / Architect / Engineer
NCI is a leading provider of enterprise solutions and services to U.S. defense, intelligence, health and civilian government agencies. NCI's AI solution, Shai(tm), scales humans with artificial intelligence by empowering the workforce to meet their mission by using best in class AI solutions coupled with our exceptional service offerings. Working with strategic partners, NCI is committed to bringing commercial innovation to missions of national importance. NCI is a mid-tier systems integrator headquartered in Reston, VA, and operates at locations across the globe.
NCI has been designated a 2020 Military Friendly Employer by MilitaryFriendly.com
NCI: As the SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) you will support United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) as the lead innovator on the Revolutionary Information Technology Services (RITS) contract. The RITS contract provides modern and secure enterprise-wide IT support services to approximately 37,000 USACE customers located throughout the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS). RITS services will support the mission needs of USACE's Headquarters (HQs) located in Washington, D.C., nine Divisions, and 43 Districts, to include over 1,500 field and area project offices and two data centers that are currently located in Vicksburg, Mississippi, and Hillsboro, Oregon. As the EIM, you will play a key role in achieving RITS contract objectives of providing integrated, consumption based, IT support services for the USACE enterprise bolstering the end-user experience; leveraging technology and business processes to build synergies across the enterprise; developing and maintaining consistency in process and procedures; and increasing mission capabilities of USACE end users. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments
The SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) is responsible as both a leader and coach, building high-performance teams in an Agile SAFe environment. This Federal Agency is in a transition from developing and supporting applications and infrastructure using waterfall O&M processes to adaptive and responsive \\"cloud ready\\" systems and practices. The SSM will coach the SAFe Team stand-up and provide practical guidance to both the customer and Agile teams. NCI provides full AI software development lifecycle support for a variety of highly complex business critical systems, including COTS and customized solutions. Our support includes program and project management, business requirements analysis, solutions architecture, and software engineering.
The Scrum master exhibits the behaviors of a Lean-Agile Leader with a Lean-Agile Mindset.
- Helps the team embrace SAFe Core Values, adopt and apply SAFe Principles, and implement SAFe practices.
- The Scrum Master helps the Product Owner in their efforts to manage the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy team dynamic concerning priorities and scope.
- The Scrum Master actively address impediments and issues so that the team can remain focused on achieving the objectives of the Iteration.
- The SSM will facilitate agile ceremonies including daily stand-ups, planning, backlog grooming and demos.
- Ensure that the agreed Agile process is being followed by removing impediments and fostering an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and relentless improvement
- Evaluate performance results and recommend major changes affecting short-term project growth and success
- Clearance: Secret
- Education and years of experience: BA, 2 - 7 years of experience
- Information Assurance (IA) certification: IAT I or greater, (A+ CE, CCNA-Security, CND, Network+ CE, SSCP)
- Experience as Scrum Manager
- Certified SAFe® Scrum Master or Certified SAFe Program Consultant
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
- Sitting for long periods
- Standing for long periods
- Ambulate throughout an office
- Ambulate between several buildings
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required
- Travel by land or air transportation 10%
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. NCI is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.