Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Chromalloy has expanded from a gas turbine parts repair business into an OEM supplier of production parts and advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and power applications. Chromalloy serves the airline, military, marine and energy segments with a broad range of services at locations around the globe.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company. For additional information, visit www.sequa.com.
Maintenance Technician repairs, installs and replaces production and facility equipment and plant.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform Preventive Maintenance (PM) on plant and equipment per company standard.
* Perform Breakdown repairs on mechanical and electrical plant per work order procedure
* Work with production operators to help devise and implement Operator Maintenance checks.
* Competently work on vacuum systems such as pumps and Vestals.
* Conducts tests to locate mechanical/electrical system malfunction.
* Installs electrical components in accordance with electrical codes.
* Competently use test equipment such as volt/ohmmeters and oscilloscopes for fault finding and corrective actions.
* Lubricates and cleans parts.
* Observes mechanical devices in operation in order to determine the causes of potential failure.
* Inspects mechanical and electrical equipment safely, using all company standards such as LOTO, confined space working, Burn Permits while using the correct PPE.
* Competently use Hand Tools
* Competently use Machine Tools in installation, maintenance or repair.
* Starts and stops equipment to test their performance.
* Sets up and operates the lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
* Competently Utilizes braze-welding equipment as needed.
* Maintains PM and repair records.
* Maintains a clean and orderly maintenance shop.
* Adhere to safety procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
* Trade School or technical college education preferred
* 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Must have an understanding of PLC controls
* Must have an understanding of oven controls
* Must be able to use machine and hand tools
* Must be able to read and understands blueprints and technical drawings including ladder logic and electrical /Mechanical schematics
Chromalloy offers challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.