Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
ORDER MANAGEMENT ANALYST
Date: Oct 20, 2020
Location: Ipswich, MA, US, 01938
Company: EBSCO Industries Inc
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
When you join the EIS Order Management Team, you will contribute your skills to impact multiple areas of the business. Other professionals you will collaborate with include Sales worldwide, Publisher Relations, Royalty Accounting, Customer Service and Accounts Receivable.
The responsibility of Order Management is to manage the workflow of all aspects of the order lifecycle post sales submission, including order review, royalty and pricing analysis, invoicing, payment postings, billing resolution and order adjustments. The team interacts with other internal departments to resolve order issues, and expedite sales orders, as well as troubleshoot access and other related service issues.
* Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of best practices and procedures within own job discipline.
* Understands key business drivers, EIS s processes and guidelines; ability to review multiple sources of information to confirm order integrity and accuracy
* Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgement, during order review or while investigating billing issues
* Prioritize and process sales orders for all business lines with consideration for financial and access implications
* Work in close collaboration with other internal departments to gather, organize and evaluate required information or seek clarification to process orders accurately
* Review and audit sales orders for accuracy and make corrections as needed to meet requirements
* Verify adherence to royalty requirements for licensed database orders and special billing handling requests
* Effectively manage and respond to Sales, Publisher Relations and Account Receivable questions or requests for assistance within different communication channels
* Resolve issues with Customer Account Set Up and Billing
* Manage the logistics of reviewing and forwarding customer related documents to the respective business departments for handling
* Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement in processes and workflows
* Understands and assists with goals of technology initiatives to improve Order Management and internal workflows and systems.
* Follows all established guidelines and procedures to meet daily and monthly objectives
* Assist with various internal audit, financial, technical, or administrative department projects as assigned
* Bachelor s Degree or 4+ years of professional experience in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to draw decisive and prompt conclusions to influence next steps in the process
* Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information
* Excellent verbal and strong written communication skills with technical and non-technical professionals
* Ability to work some overtime during peak hours in June and December, and on special projects as assigned
* Strong proficiency and practical application ability with MS Office 365 Applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
* Self-managing with a team mindset
* Contributes to the success of the team
* Strong prioritization, attention to detail, time management and multi-tasking skills
* Possess analytical skills and appreciates complex situations
* Energized to assist with challenges that make a difference and impact customer experiences
* Interact professionally with multiple business partners to diplomatically obtain solutions and maintain strong relationships
EBSCO has a set of principles that define how we operate culturally, and we are seeking people that will thrive in this environment:
* Commit to Sustained Profit Growth
* Have a defined Vision and Operate with a Bias for Action
* Be Customer Focused and Sales Driven
* Understand that Change is Necessary
* Recognize that you can t manage what you can t measure
* Foster Creativity and Continuous Improvement
* Insist on Quality
* Do What You Say You Will Do
* Cultivate Passion
* Realize that Business is a Long-Run Game
* Improve the Foundation
* Be Humble
Being successful in this role will require fitting into a work environment that is fast paced, creative, diverse, and demanding. The teams are talented, and the bar is high for all who work with us. We seek individuals that demonstrate skills within our core competencies and lead to a successful EIS team member. We want people who like to get things done, efficiently, and demand that of those around them. Thinking outside the box is encouraged. We like to solve hard problems and push ourselves to high standards.
* Positive Attitude
* Trust and Respect
* Open Communication
* Talent Development
* Critical Thinking
* Strategic Thinking
* Customer Focused
* Change Leadership
* Continuous Improvement
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
View EEO PDF
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Manager, Outside Sales, Database, Management, Sales, Technology Apply now .