Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
REGIONAL INDIRECT CATEGORY MANAGER- LOGISTICS (EDGEWOOD, MD OR REMOTE)
North America, USA, Maryland, Edgewood
To provide procurement category subject matter expertise, to develop and implement category strategies that will:
* deliver sustainable competitive advantage across the Americas region for the Detection SSA (Special Security Agreement) sites and Smiths divisions, within the Logistics category, through:
* setting and delivering agreed annual and 5-year benefits plans, aligned to divisional business strategies and requirements
* optimising cost and risk management
* the use of best in class procurement practices.
* Interface between the SSA sites and the Indirect Procurement function to ensure effective service delivery aligned to SSA guidelines
Duties & Responsibilities
* understanding how procurement impacts the overall business and divisional strategies
* develop strong relationships with key stakeholders within the business, to align category strategies with the business needs
* promote and communicate the value of the Indirect Procurement function across the business & SSA;
* Strategy & deployment
* design and implementation of Logistics regional category strategies across the Americas region that deliver:
* alignment with the business (divisions) or functional stakeholders strategies & objectives
* deliver sustainable cost benefits aligned to the business and divisional strategy plans, maximising the commercial levers available in the category
* deliver other performance targets such as service, quality, supply chain and risk management.
* develop and maintain detailed supply market knowledge and tools that drive innovative sourcing solutions within the category
* work with the Global and Regional category leads to leverage Smiths global capabilities and sharing of best practice
* provide support to:
* Regional Indirects Buyers in the development and implementation of localised supply requirements
* any sites with critical supplier issues.
* SSA Indirect management
* Key interface in to the SSA business units, to enable the development of strong relationships with key SSA stakeholders that allows Procurement:
* the insight into the strategy, opportunities, challenges and risks of the SSA sites within the region
* a platform to communicate opportunities and insight around their areas of spend and opportunity
* Category Heads to have early input over all Indirect 3rd party supplier sourcing decisions
* input to the annual divisional budget and objective setting
* All indirect procurement requests and issues raised by the business are resolved in a timely manner and in line with SSA guidelines
* Drive the use of best practice procurement processes & systems across the wider stakeholder community
* Supplier management
* develop and maintain:
* supplier relationship management (SRM) plans for key suppliers identified within the category
* rigorous contracts for all critical, strategic and preferred suppliers within the category.
* Reporting and systems:
* ensure transparency, accuracy and consistency of data in the purchasing information systems
* manage accurate and on time functional and business reporting against agreed procurement performance metrics.
* Processes & policy
* conduct procurement activities in accordance with stated SSA & business processes, ethics, CSR and other business policies and processes.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity. The Individual
Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* 5+ years of purchasing or supply chain experience
* 5+ years of experience in indirect sourcing
* track record of successfully managing and delivering long term sustainable business benefits within:
* the specified categories
* an enterprise corporate environment of similar complexity to that of Smiths
* extensive experience of using leading category management tools and techniques to develop and execute category strategies across a complex stakeholder environment
* deep category insight and understanding of the category markets, risks, commercial levers and sourcing options.
* extensive experience in developing and executing complex negotiation plans.
* enhanced interpersonal skills which build trusting business relationships in a suitably supportive and collaborative way.
* able to adopt alternative communication style and methods for the target audience.
* experienced in:
* best practice communication tools and techniques both written and verbal
* presentation drafting and delivery both in person and virtually.
Reporting & analytics: experienced in using data to create insight and drive effective decision making.
Planning and Decision Making:
* ability to work under pressure, in a complex multi-functional virtual team environment.
Impact and Scope:
This role will impact performance and practices across the category increasing procurements delivering sustainable benefits and maximum competitive advantage from the spend in the category.
Key Internal and External Relationships:
* Regional Head of Procurement
* Key functional stakeholders within functions where Logistics is a key spend area, across SSA and all divisions within the region
* Regional & Global category managers
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field. About Smiths Detection
Smiths Detection is a global leader in threat detection and screening technologies for aviation, ports and borders, urban security and defence. With more than 40 years of field-tested experience, we deliver the solutions needed to protect society from the threat and illegal passage of explosives, prohibited weapons, contraband, toxic chemicals and narcotics. Every minute of every day our technology and our people make the world a safer place. Smiths Detection is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies to markets in threat as well as contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications and engineered components. Smiths Group employs around 23,000 people in more than 50 countries. Additional Information
Smiths Detection, Inc. participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Smith s Detection is an EEO/AA