Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
Catholic Charities is a non-profit organization with a diverse workforce of over 2000 employees of all faiths, ages and ethnicities who help to improve the lives of those we serve. We are the largest private provider of human services in Maryland operating over 80 programs throughout Maryland, serving children and families, people living in poverty, individuals with intellectual disabilities, immigrants, and seniors. Here, you can build a career where you make meaningful differences in the lives of others as we fulfill our mission to love, serve, teach and work for justice.
Do you have what it takes to change the lives of children, adults and families in need?
The Therapist is a client advocate who provides direct, family, and/or group therapy to clients on the assigned caseload. Services may be provided in community clinics, schools, homes, or in a combination of settings as needed to meet program goals and client needs. This position requires a high level of initiative and self-motivation.
VILLA MARIA SCHOOL (VMS):
• Provides therapy to children enrolled in non-public special education elementary and middle
• Develop and maintain relationships with key school staff.
• Provide mental health-related curriculum and training for school staff and students as necessary.
• Provides family therapy and may need to visit families during non-school hours.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conducts intake assessments to collect necessary background information, assess medical and clinical
status of clients, and establish appropriate diagnosis according to DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical
Manual of Mental Disorders) standards and definitions.
• Makes determinations on the nature of emotional and behavioral problems to be addressed and the level
of therapy required, including consultation with psychologist/psychiatrist staff.
• Defines treatment problems based on the intake assessment and diagnosis, addressing behaviors that
contributed to admission to the program.
• Develops treatment plans to establish goals and objectives for client treatment.
• Writes objectives in clear, measurable terms, emphasizing behaviors that are required to move the client
to a lower level of care.
• Ensures client participation in treatment planning and, when working with children, partners with
caregivers in the development of the treatment plan and throughout treatment, identifying and
addressing any barriers to participation, as needed.
• Provides scheduling that works to establish and maintain a therapeutic working relationship with the
client(s) that is respectful of budget, culture, values, abilities, and identity.
We offer a wide range of benefits to meet the ever-changing needs of our employees including but not limited to:
403(b) Retirement Plan with a discretionary employer contribution
Join Catholic Charities of Baltimore where you will be an important member of an trauma-informed care organization that promotes a culture of safety, empowerment, healing and self-care, and that believes that every person has infinite worth and promise.
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer
See job description