Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Survey Instrument Operator
VHB's growing Hauppauge, NY team is seeking an entry level Survey Instrument Operator to join our Survey team. Candidates must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
VHB's passionate professionals include engineers, surveyors, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
Perform various land surveying tasks under the direction of more senior Land Surveyors including:
Operation, transport and setup of total stations, data collectors, GPS, and other land surveying equipment
- Land surveying including boundary line, topographic survey, construction stakeout and utility surveys
- Reconnaissance and recovery of land surveying markers through use of hand tools and digging
- Construction stakeout of proposed improvements, including installation of stakes through use of sledgehammers and hand tools
- Operation and maintenance of surveying equipment
- Documenting all phases of survey work through clear field notes and data collection
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn the proper use of GPS equipment and Robotic Instruments and mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of geometry
- Ability to learn and understand the basics of boundary, topographic, construction, and utility surveys
- Able to think critically
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with survey staff and clients
- AutoCAD experience desirable
- HS Diploma (Associates or Bachelors degree preferred)
- 0-3 years of progressive land surveying experience
- Must be detail oriented, willing to travel and work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to outdoor elements
- Ability to transport land surveying equipment, navigate and traverse through difficult terrain, environments and wooded areas
- Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Must be able to lift 75lbs
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we're invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We're proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for over 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and veterans, are encouraged to apply.