Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Our Safety Engineers work to ensure all employees uphold the core value of safety by implementing and maintaining safety programs. A successful Safety Coordinator will develop positive professional relationships while working closely with field personnel, all levels of management and outside agencies during all phases of construction.
This role will work with our transmission, distribution, and substation crews and previous lineman or safety experience on electrical construction projects is essential to the success of this role. This will be a field position encompassing worksites throughout the Texas area and surrounding regions as project areas shift. This position will report to the Mansfield, TX office but will require significant travel to project sites throughout the region.
* Act as a liaison between management, outside local safety agencies, and insurance carriers
* Coordinate with district operation personnel to establish safety standards
* Create a system for communicating safety and health issues to include:
* General employee/department safety meetings
* Formal safety training for safe work practices
* Posting of various safety communications
* Development of a safety suggestion system
* Coordinate, monitor, and provide technical support for district safety committees
* Coordinate and conduct periodic job site visits of all crews to identify unsafe work conditions and practices
* Document and communicate site visit information
* Coordinate other supplemental inspections whenever new processes, equipment, substances, or previously unrecognized hazards are found to be present
* Verify that corrective measures are completed, including recommendations of the safety committee, insurance carrier, and/or other safety consultant
* Review and complete corrective actions for all injury and illness investigation reports
* Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
* The essential functions of this position are to be performed in a Company designated office location
* Minimum of 5 years experience working with electrical transmission, distribution, or substation construction projects required
* Prior experience in a safety role highly preferred
* OSHA 500 and 510 certifications preferred
* Strong knowledge and understanding of OSHA and other industry related safety regulations required
* Journeyman Lineman experience working with transmission line construction preferred
* Weekly pay via direct deposit or pay card
* Comprehensive benefits package
* Medical, dental, & vision
* $15 weekly premium for employee only & employee plus family coverage
* Low deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums
* Flexible spending accounts
* Company-paid short and long-term disability
* Company-paid life and accidental death & dismemberment
* Supplemental life and accidental death & dismemberment
* Critical illness & accident plans
* Identity theft protection
* Group legal
* Auto & homeowners
* Generous 401(k) Plan
* 100% match up to 6%; immediate vesting
* Annual profit-sharing potential
* Paid time off
* Tiered increases based on tenure with the company
* Holidays (8 per year)
* Sick time (as applicable)
* Superior educational assistance program
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To all recruitment agencies, MYR Group and its subsidiary companies do not accept agency resumes unless they are from an approved vendor and submitted through our Third-Party Recruiter Portal. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, company employees, or any other company location. MYR Group nor its subsidiary companies are responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.