Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
* The Manager of Financial Operations will be responsible for improving financial decision making across the organization.
* Maintain close working relationships with hospital and physician leadership and staff to align their needs with the departments.
* Contribute and influence Financial Operations team department growth, development, and culture.
* Assist in formulating the annual operating and capital budget for the Health System.
* Assist development of the 7 year long term financial modeling.
* Involvement in discussions, analyses, and plans to develop new and innovative partnerships with external organizations across programs and services.
* Involvement in the process of evaluating data tools, vendors, with an opportunity to implement new cost accounting and budgeting tools.
* Management and development of all professional staff that directly report up through this position.
* Accountable to maintain a system of internal/business controls which are designed to provide reasonable assurance to CUHC Management that the information provided is accurate, timely and reliable.
* Assist in the management of financial processes that include cost accounting, statistical reporting, variance analysis and financial reporting.
* Participate and lead financial education sessions
Scheduled Days / Hours: M-F, 8:30 - 5:00
Minimum BS/BA in Business Administration or Finance; Preferred, MBA or other Executive Development
Three to five + years of hands-on experience with healthcare financial operations, preferably in an Academic Medical Center, for both the hospital and physician practice
Ability to work well in a team environment, handle multiple tasks with deadlines, adjusting work schedules to meet deadlines.
Experience in managing staff (direct or indirect) preferred.
Working understanding of hospital and physician practice revenue cycle and operating cost structure
Technical understanding of complex databases and financial reporting
Exposure to and/or experience preparing in-depth business pro forma that encompasses both the physician and hospital
Ability to prepare financial analysis and business plans, with limited guidance, that accurately presents the financial impact of proposals as well as other advantages and disadvantages of the proposal (the group you are working with feels you are a true contributor to the process, not just a collector and supplier of data)
Knowledge of using models to produce rolling forecast and predictive modeling of operating volume, revenue and expense
Knowledge of long range financial planning processes and payer contracting analytics preferred.
Knowledge of DRG schemes, Cost Accounting processes and RBRVS methodology
NJ and Federal governmental reimbursement knowledge a plus
Advanced expertise with standard software packages in a Windows-based environment. Knowledge and use of: EPIC, Lawson, SAP Web Intelligence and a hospital cost accounting system