Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Hillrom is a $2.8B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, surgical products and information technology solutions. Hillrom's comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum and around the world in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.DescriptionRole Summary: The Operator 1 is responsible for being highly skilled in at least cell in areas such as Production, Warehouse, or Shipping. The Operator 1 may be asked by their lead to perform other operations duties within their respective area to accomplish team goals or for cross-training purposes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible and accountable for safety, quality, productivity, housekeeping (5S), scrap and delivery.
* Demonstrate an absolute commitment to safety and model safe behavior
* Sustain exemplary performance in attitude, attendance, and integrity
* Follows general direction from the area lead and supervisor
* Execution of routine processes and tasks for a function; executes multiple operations with a function
* Complete training in a timely manor
* Effectively communicate with team members, other operation’s departments and leadership
* Engages in problem solving routine matters within work cell or function
* Perform occasional project related duties as directed by leadership and complete related training as required
* Provide thoughtful feedback and innovative ideas in support of daily management and 5S activities
* May operate warehouse tools, such as forklift and pallet jack, to assist with efficient warehouse operations
* Must be able to answer complex questions about their assigned tasks and work instructions
* Decision-making authority is defined in work instructions and SOPs
* Follows standard procedures; has discretion to prioritize and schedule own work within the shift with guidance from the area lead
Qualifications * Problem resolution and communication skills
* Attention to detail is critical
* Proven record of success in a goal-driven environment
* Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
* Customer centric mentality, the customer being the lines that need the material
* Needs to be able to work semi-independently
* Knowledge and understanding of 5S principles and practices Minimum Qualifications:
* Must be fully proficient in at least 2 work cells in their respective area.
* High School Diploma or (GED) General Education Degree
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
* 2-5 years of related experience in a regulated industry preferred (ISO, FDA)
Hillrom is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://hillrom.contacthr.com/77569202.jpg /