Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Division Warehouse Manager directs and coordinates all warehouse activities across all locations within MNAC, including dispatch of warehouse-related vehicles. Responsible for utilizing best practices and developing procedures to effectively manage all warehouse functions within MNAC, including equipment inspections and certifications promoting safety and reliability. Builds relationships with all internal customers (field operations) throughout MNAC and ensures effective utilization of equipment and labor throughout all MNAC warehouse facilities. Manages and monitors daily warehouse activities from one of the warehouse locations within MNAC and ensures compliance with company operation procedures, hours of operation, attendance and use of safe work practices. Requires labor coordination and management at multiple locations with a total staff of 25-30 employees.
* Represent the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company's "Code of Business Conduct and Ethics."
* Actively support the Company's commitment to safety and its "Core Values."
* Optimizes quality and timely implementation of the work and productivity of direct reports.
* Monitors minimum/maximum quantities of small tools and consumables through Supply Chain Management.
* Provides the Director, Supply Chain, Warehouse and Fleet Management with monthly updates on utilization and cost containment.
* Formulates a daily, weekly and monthly plan for warehouse operations.
* Inspects warehouse and grounds for hazards and initiates corrections process.
* Conducts or participates in daily Job Hazard Analysis and conducts or participates in daily tool box safety meetings.
* Ensures that all warehouse service staff have proper training with regard to equipment being operated and Safety Department requirements, including daily tool box talks, safety meetings, SAM alerts, SAP, safety certifications and other programs as they develop.
* Works closely with Project Management/Estimating to determine resource needs for projects. Keeps abreast of all upcoming projects in order to respond to internal customer needs.
* Attends large project kick-off meetings when requested or required.
* Ensures all warehouse staff is trained properly in safety and warehouse matters.
* Assists Supply Chain Management to develop, expand, monitor and maintain a qualified supplier base to allow for growth and stability and reduced costs through supplier master service alliances.
* Monitors, reports, and forecasts equipment capital purchases for all warehouse facilities.
* Identifies cost effective opportunities to increase utilization of warehouse dispatched vehicles, tractors/trailers.
* Provides monthly reporting of cost, revenue, and utilization trends of all company owned equipment.
* Interfaces with cost control for reporting tool loss.
* Monitors compliance with Fleet Manager's maintenance program for all fleet owned/rented equipment assigned to the warehouses.
* Ensures the warehouses are in compliance with DOT requirements through the Fleet Manager including supervising warehouse driver's logs.
* Oversees the dispatch of company owned equipment to jobsites, which includes maintaining the maintenance records and inspection records of all owned or rented equipment.
* Coordinates dispatch and return of tools and equipment with all of the regional warehouses.
* Secures any necessary trucking permits or escorts for transportation of tools and equipment dispatched to and returned from jobsites.
* Manages warehouse operations including supervising safety, training requirements and implementation, staff instructions, discipline and encouragement as needed.
* Performs other duties as required or assigned.
* 10+ years' experience in warehousing and/or equipment maintenance in the construction industry, preferably 4+ years' experience in supply chain management or fleet operations.
* Previous related supervisory experience.
* Working knowledge of DOT rules and regulations.
* Strong time management skills; ability to prioritize multiple time-sensitive requests.
* Proficiency in PC applications, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Strong communication skills, time management and organization skills, and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to be on call 24/7.
* 25% travel as needed/required.
EEO/M/F/Disability/Vets/Affirmative Action Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic or category.