Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Established in 1940, Harlan Electric Company has successfully completed hundreds of substation, transmission line and distribution system projects throughout the upper Midwest and northeastern U.S. Harlan Electric delivers a complete range of services including power line construction, telecommunications infrastructure, emergency restoration and traffic signalization for new construction, modifications, repairs and maintenance.
This position will support company operations in an administrative capacity as it relates to general tasks found within a busy construction office, specifically receptionist responsibilities, various accounting tasks and other industry-specific duties.
Administrative Assistant Duties:
* Facilitate new hire orientations and monitoring of all paperwork associated with this task.
* Process district Accounts Payable: Code invoices, set up new vendors, maintain vendor information, reconcile vendor invoice statements, field vendor payment inquiries, complete vendor credit applications, process employee expense reimbursements
* Process company credit card expenditures: Code purchases, obtain proper management approval, collect and maintain appropriate back-up documentation
* Prepare customer billing for certain portfolios of work on T&E, Lump Sum or pass through invoices.
* Other duties as assigned by the District Manager or Office Manager
* Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
* The essential functions of this position are to be performed in a Company designated office or field location
* A minimum 3 years of administrative experience
* Previous exposure to light accounting is preferable
* Proficient skills in billing and invoicing processes is preferable
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel
* Ability to learn new software
* Superior organizational and time management skills
* Ability to multi-task and keep pace within a busy office environment
* Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
* Positive team player attitude
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Weekly pay via direct deposit
* Comprehensive benefits package
* Medical, dental, & vision
* $15 weekly premium for employee only & employee plus family coverage
* Low deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums
* Flexible spending accounts
* Company-paid short and long-term disability
* Company-paid life and accidental death & dismemberment
* Supplemental life and accidental death & dismemberment
* Critical illness & accident plans
* Identity theft protection
* Group legal
* Auto & homeowners
* Generous 401(k) Plan
* 100% match up to 6%; immediate vesting
* Annual profit-sharing potential
* Paid time off
* Tiered increases based on tenure with the company
* Holidays (8 per year)
* Sick time (as applicable)
* Superior educational assistance program
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To all recruitment agencies, MYR Group and its subsidiary companies do not accept agency resumes unless they are from an approved vendor and submitted through our Third-Party Recruiter Portal. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, company employees, or any other company location. MYR Group nor its subsidiary companies are responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.