Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
We are currently looking to bring on great talent for a full-time hands-on Service Now technician specialist, for Sonoco s IT Service Now instance. This position is a key resource in developing solutions and applications in developing the Service Catalog and applications for the Service Now Platform, with an emphasis in the ITSM and ITOM focus area. The position requires ITIL and ITSM expertise along with technical knowledge in ServiceNow. The position requires knowledge of technical and functional design requirements for Service Now, and best practice and patterns of workflows in building ITSM systems. This requires a high-level design and implementing technical solutions for ServiceNow and understanding workflows and automation is a minimum requirement. Previous knowledge in configuration items, CMDB, and automation workflow is required.
The SERVICENOW TECHNICAL SPECIALIST will contribute to support systems that evaluate over 1mm securitized debt issues each day. The individual will collaborate with cross-functional groups (Development, QA, Product Management, and Quantitative) to elicit requirements on projects related to the Structured Pricing Systems. The TECHNICAL SPECIALIST works with evaluators to detail enhancements within time constraints. Further, the TECHNICAL SPECIALISTS provides documentation and testing on projects with minimal supervision.
WHAT YOU LL BE DOING:
* Elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for business processes from users
* Understand complex business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and help recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals
* Capture and document current or new business products and recommend improvements and efficiencies
* Work individually and within a team setting to deliver requirements on time and within scope
* Present approved requirements to Business, Development and Quality Assurance in walk through meetings
* Develop business workflows with tasking and automated approvals and adherence.
* Serve as a subject matter expert for development and stakeholders in the assigned product space
* Formulate and develop reports (Excel, SQL) that expedite requirement analysis or testing of large and complex projects
* Internal client support of questions regarding system functionality and data anomalies
* Mitigate project risk by formulating testing strategies and assist users and developers in testing of key deliverables
* Adhere to best practices with regard to business analysis based on the group s standards
Job Location: Remote, Brazil, Charlotte, NC, Hartsville, SC, or many other Sonoco locations
WE D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU HAVE:
* Demonstrated experience assessing the testability of requirements and test readiness based on business requirements and software design documents.
* Demonstrated experience in designing, developing and implementing test plans, test cases, and test processes from requirements documentation and other specification documents.
* Demonstrated experience establishing test objectives, approaches, and pass/fail criteria in well-defined test plans.
* Demonstrated experience with software development, test automation tools, load/performance testing tools.
* Demonstrated experience participating in the identification, entry, tracking, reporting, and verification of defects.
* Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with business partners and customers.
* Demonstrated experience training end users on functional changes of the application.
* Demonstrated experience creating and delivering a training development plan, complete with materials, instructions, and learning resources.
* Proven ability to select appropriate training methods or activities
This is a progression position and level will be based on candidate experience and business needs.
WHY YOU LL LIKE WORKING WITH US:
We care about YOU through employee development, providing excellent benefits, investing in your future and valuing diversity and inclusion.
Sonoco founded in 1899 is a global provider of consumer and industrial packaging products. With annualized net sales of $5.4 billion, we have over 20,000 employees, 300 operations in 36 countries, serving some of the world s best-known brands. Our greatest strength is our people. At Sonoco, People Build Businesses by doing the right thing. We are successful at developing employees natural strengths and providing long term career development and employment stability. We ve developed a culture where employees feel valued, respected and appreciated.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.