Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Asset Quality Specialist
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a
true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the
lives of clients and communities in the Washington, D.C. region for 150
years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be
the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial
services company focused on creating remarkable experiences for our employees,
clients, shareholders and communities.
We are proud to be recognized by The Washington Post and the Baltimore
Sun as a 2019 Top Workplace, as well as Forbes magazine as the #1
Bank in Maryland for 2019. It is our employees who play an integral role in
shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matter most to us: people
To help us attract the highest quality
individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who
qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple
retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health
care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development
opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much
more, making Sandy Spring Bank a desirable place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Spring Bank is currently recruiting for an Asset Quality Specialist in the
Credit Administration Department. If you are the chosen candidate,
you will be responsible for collection activities, including phone calls and
written correspondence, on delinquent consumer and mortgage loans. You will
also monitor delinquent loan portfolio to ensure collection activities and
methods are followed using established procedures to keep all delinquencies at
a minimum as well as ensure compliance with all federal and state laws and
regulations throughout the collection process while supporting the mission and
values of the company.
addition, you will also be responsible for collection efforts on delinquent
loans that have been processed through the Small Business Loan Center (\\"SBLC\\")
and work with the Retail Collections Manager and Special Assets regarding
collection activities in the SBLC portfolio.
Areas of focus:
Monitors Delinquent Loan Portfolio
- Closely monitors delinquent loan portfolio
to ensure frequent communication by phone and in writing in order to keep
delinquencies at a minimum. Compiles information for monthly delinquency
reports. Maintains awareness of overall
percentage of delinquency and adjusts efforts as necessary in order to meet
Monitors Delinquent SBLC Loan Portfolio
- Works with the Retail Collections Manager
and Special Assets to monitor delinquencies on loans processed in the SBLC.
When necessary, pursues notification and initial collection efforts via letters
and phone calls. Works with internal and
external legal professionals as necessary.
Daily Collection Activities (Consumer and Mortgage Loans)
- Identifies and contacts borrowers who are
delinquent on their loan payments according to SSB collection procedures.
Resolves delinquent problems by seeking proper solution for repayment and
properly documents all information.
- Responsible for updating required SSB
platforms with all pertinent bankruptcy information. Working knowledge of all
bankruptcy chapters and general bankruptcy laws and regulations. In association
with the Retail Collections Manager works with attorneys and bankruptcy court
in filing claims and establishing satisfactory workouts.
Management of Charged Off DDA Accounts sent for Collection
- Works with outside attorneys in an effort
to obtain re-payment of charged off DDA accounts. This will include sending
initial files to the attorneys, processing payments upon receipt and managing
SSB templates and records. May be required to attend court to represent SSB
along with attorneys.
Special Servicer -Compliance
- Responsible for adhering to compliance and
servicing standards required by investors, which could include Fannie Mae and
Freddie Mac (Government Sponsored Enterprises - GSE's) and other private MBS or
Correspondents, and funding/service release functions. Adheres to processes and
procedures for every investor the bank services for. Provides evidence of compliance with
supporting documentation to internal and external audit. Maintains a working
knowledge of all credit reporting laws and regulations. Manages all consumer
credit disputes within the E-Oscar reporting system.
- In the event that the Bank outsources any
servicing responsibilities to third party vendors may be required to act as a
liaison between the Bank and third party vendors regarding loans in default.
This may include, but not be limited to, MERS reporting.
- Work requires 2 to 3 years of collection experience including a thorough knowledge of consumer and mortgage loan collection procedures. Investor loan servicing experience desired, but not required. An understanding of collection and bankruptcy laws and regulations is necessary.
- Experience using PC software applications such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word to create reports and documents is necessary as well as an ability to read and interpret credit bureau information.
- Advanced problem solving skills are necessary to find solutions to problems that are technically complex and require collection, interpretation, and analysis of data from diverse sources. Attention to detail is required.
- Work requires excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to prepare correspondence with clients and attorneys, compile and summarize data, and present results to contacts internally and externally.
- Position requires regular internal and external contacts to resolve more sensitive problems, clarify policies and procedures, which require the use of sensible judgment.
- Situations often require incumbent to be assertive.
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment
substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to
apply for a position, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select
option 5. Requests are considered on a