Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
We enjoy the important work we do every day on behalf of our members.
Under the direction of management, Project Manager I is responsible for assisting with the administration of Finance Operations Compliance/Regulatory programs and projects with high visibility to external customers, vendor relationships and cross-departmental interfaces. The Project Manager I will provide project coordination and support to the Finance Operations Compliance team. The Project Manager I will work closely with the Finance Operations Compliance Manager and the Project Manager II and collaboratively with the appropriate Tufts Health Plan departments, and at times, outside vendors, to assist in developing and implementing project plans, performing thorough timeline and impact analyses, and monitoring for project success. The Project Manager I will promote and apply standard project/program management methodology and employ departmental tools and templates in accordance with existing standards.
The Project Manager I should apply Tufts Health Plan policies in a consistent manner to ensure accurate cross functional processing. By using knowledge of the company, the Project Manager I is able to direct departmental team members on projects, and is able to influence project owners, sponsors and stakeholder committees.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES: 80%
- Manages small to medium departmental projects, assessments and short-term initiatives, and supports components of larger cross functional and/or corporate projects
- Lead sessions/work groups as appropriate
- Participate in cross-functional team meetings on projects of significant complexity including business requirement sessions and PMO meetings
- As required, participate in coordination of planning and execution for projects including documentation of issues and defects
- Effectively document project issues and risks as appropriate
- Interact effectively with business subject matter experts to move project work forward
- Create and manage project documentation to ensure successful outcomes
- Schedule meetings and project review sessions
- Prepare and/or present project timelines, workflows, and updates to internal and/or external clients
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: 20%
- Assist with the timely and accurate implementation of new regulatory programs and supporting ongoing regulatory programs for the Finance Operations department. Will require gathering and synthesizing data to submit to IT and vendors related to ongoing program maintenance, problem solving issues or implementing process improvements.
- Assist with assigned and ongoing corporate and departmental initiatives working with Finance Operations teams and management. Manage certain aspects of the overall projects as assigned.
- Represent Finance Operations as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in cross-functional meetings and projects. Proactively manage tasks with cross functional interfaces. This includes working with multiple areas within the organization and with vendors as needed to ensure timely processes and workflows.
- Perform analysis and data validation in support of the project and effectively interpret and communicate results.
- Support the ongoing maintenance of processes and applications for Finance Operations by submitting and monitoring information technology (IT) service requests, representing the department at IT global prioritization (GP) meetings, ensuring staff has appropriate systems access & working with IT and vendors to resolve system, data feed, and reporting issues in order to meet deadlines.
- Perform other responsibilities as required, including responding to internal and external audit requests, providing cross-training to team members, working with management to ensure there are effective ongoing operational and regulatory business processes, and identifying and implementing process improvements.
Knowledge requirements (education & experience):
Bachelor's degree required, with a concentration in accounting or finance preferred. Minimum three years of experience in accounting, finance and/or operations, preferably in the healthcare insurance industry preferred, which includes at least one year participating in cross-functional projects as a subject matter expert and project contributor. Requires a basic knowledge of project management concepts and the ability to apply these concepts to project deliverables. Project management certification is a plus.
Skill requirements (include complexity of position):
Project Manager I is expected to be self-motivated & detail-oriented with the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and have the flexibility to adapt to changing processes and timelines. Requires the ability to perform in dynamic situations, manage multiple, complex responsibilities, and be effective working autonomously to meet multiple deadlines.
Requires the ability to prioritize and manage deliverables and to effectively communicate across workgroups. Requires strong process management, project management, critical thinking, and problem solving skills. Project Manager I should possess a basic level of competency with applying project management techniques, tools and methods for documentation including gathering business/technical requirements, communication planning, meeting minutes and scheduling.
Requires the ability to analyze and resolve operational issues and the ability to exercise timely & sound judgement in order to escalate issues to appropriate team members or management for resolution. Requires high proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Word. Proficiency in project management software tools (e.g. Smartsheet, JIRA, and Kanban) or analytical query/report writing tools (e.g. Cognos) is a plus.
Interpersonal skills (include personal interaction):
Requires a high level of organizational skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills. Requires ability to partner and communicate with all departments and organization levels across Tufts Health Plan as well as external customers, vendors, auditors, and government agencies.
The Project Manager I is expected to successfully manage the environment which includes flexibility, relationship building, professional accountability and the ability to communicate at all levels required to support the various reporting relationships in a professional manner.
Requires strong team collaboration and relationship building skills.
Principal duties and responsibilities occur simultaneously, therefore, the employee must be able to appropriately handle each essential function, prioritize them and seek assistance when necessary. These functions need to be performed on a consistent and regular basis, using good judgment. Ability to learn and apply company policies consistently, seeking out guidance when necessary, is required
All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters while working at Tufts Health Plan is considered confidential. Will be exposed to and required to deal with highly confidential and sensitive material. Must adhere to corporate compliance policy, department guidelines/policies and all applicable laws and regulations at all times.
Working Conditions or Additional requirements (include special requirements, e.g., lifting, travel, overtime)
. Must be able to excel in a fast paced business environment and handle multiple priorities.
Tufts Health Plan is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.