Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Location: Kirkland, WA, US
* Design and release of electrical and electronic components and systems for heavy commercial truck.
* Integrate Engine, After Treatment, Transmissions and ABS/ESP/ACC electrical/electronic features/requirements into Kenworth/PACCAR vehicles.
* Manage engineering and project management processes to maintain schedule, budget, and functionality.
* Plan and track validation testing of components.
* Support product launch at vehicle assembly plants.
* Ensure industry leading quality and reliability is met/maintained/exceeded on all components.
* Provide interface documentation to wiring design, system architect(s), and mechanical design group.
* Contribute to development of procedures and practices that ensure quality and reliable electric/electronic systems.
* As part of a new product development team, perform the design and development of assigned elements of: wiring harnesses, routings and guides system level schematics or other embedded electronic control modules
* BSEE or equivalent engineering degree required.
* Desired: 3+ yrs design & release of automotive or commercial vehicle electrical systems or industry-related background.
* Experience in design and application of automotive wiring harnesses, automotive electronic control modules, switches, driver input devices, and HMI elements.
* Experience in wiring design using Mentor Graphics. Knowledge of DC power distribution, management, protection, fusing, and routing systems, practices and tools desired.
* Proficiency using Requirements Management tools, Systems Engineering tools, Pro/E or other 3D CAD software also desired.
* Engineering knowledge of heavy duty commercial truck safety systems, regulations, especially in the areas of: operating, service, and performance environments.
* Experience creating engineering documentation including preparation of component and harness drawings, diagrams, and routings, responding to Requests for Engineering Information, writing Engineering Change Notices, test coordination, support for production, and customer service.
* Solid understanding of Design for Six Sigma and Six Sigma techniques.
* Willing to learn and use new engineering processes and techniques and be resourceful in solving complex technical problems.
* Experience in product development and new product implementation.
* Able to work in a team environment.
* Facility with personal computer software including project management tools, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
* Willingness to grow personally and professionally and results orientation.
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Electrical Engineering, Design Engineer, CAD, Engineering