Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
SR TECHNICAL WRITER AND TRAINING COORDINATOR(REMOTE)
Date: Oct 23, 2020
Location: Ipswich, MA, US, 01938
Company: EBSCO Industries Inc
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
We are looking for a seasoned technical writer with the ability to lead, organize and coordinate both documentation and training materials for the internal customers of the Cloud Enablement organization. Our mission is to be a cloud-first organization and this role is a key element to ensuring our internal customers are empowered with the information they need to succeed. As a member of the Cloud Business Office team, you will work with subject matter experts to create, organize, and curate documentation and training materials for Cloud Enablement products, services, and initiatives which drive cloud adoption and success. You will also coordinate, curate, measure, and improve training activities using 3rd party resources (both instructor-led and self-paced) and our internal training development team with the goal of ensuring our customers are well-prepared and well-supported as they adopt and operate within the AWS public cloud.
* Assist in designing our information architecture for documenting Cloud Enablement products and services for both onboarding and ongoing support.
* Working with technical and product SMEs to organize, assemble, edit, publish, and curate product documentation for internal audiences (mostly engineers).
* Take responsibility for the quality of the documentation for assigned areas of the product
* Organize, curate, and publish training offerings via the EBSCO Learning Management System.
* Partner with training content developers to create new training offerings and courses.
* Optimize our Cloud Enablement training and support approaches to be lightweight and effective.
* Focus on simplifying our customers journey with our products and services, recognizing the various stages of end-user documentation needs from adoption by the new user, to supportive, real-time reference at the point of need, to the needs for information regarding updated or new functionality.
* Collect data and feedback from our customers related to their use of documentation and training to refine and improve our approach.
* Pursue new and effective methods for delivering online documentation and eLearning courses.
* 4+ years as a technical writer for both technical and non-technical audiences, including software engineers.
* 2+ years in a senior role which included leading and/or mentoring others.
* 2+ years coordinating training efforts for technical audiences.
* 2+ years producing presentation materials for technical audiences.
* 2+ years defining and implementing information architectures for highly technical products and services.
* Highly organized.
* Must be a self-starter; results oriented with a positive "can do" attitude, a sense of urgency and enjoys getting things done.
* Exhibit strong customer focus and customer empathy.
* Superb writing skills and sense of style.
* Excellent oral communicator.
* Familiarity with web technologies and web-based content creation tools (e.g. Confluence, SharePoint, etc.)
* Must accommodate an Eastern Time Zone working schedule.
* Online writing portfolio and/or related written samples will be required.
* Bachelor s degree or higher in Communications, English, Instructional Design, Education, Business, or other relevant discipline.
* Familiarity with software engineering topics (design, automation, testing, APIs, data, etc.)
* Familiarity with AWS public cloud infrastructure concepts
* Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable to others.
* Strong leadership characteristics.
* Experience with markdown.
* Experience with modern source control systems (e.g. GitHub)
* Proficiency with Articulate, Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office, Learning Management Systems (e.g. SuccessFactors), Data Reporting, and Project Coordination
* An eye for visuals and graphic design, and familiarity with image editing tools
* Demonstrated ability managing against deadlines, including coordinating others to help meet these deadlines.
* High level of comfort understanding and managing a variety of different stakeholders within a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
Important things that you will bring to our culture, but things that we can t teach
Drive - Positive Attitude - Good Judgement - Open Communication Collaboration A Desire to Make an Impact - Eager to Understand Accountability Decisiveness You re a Team Player
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
View EEO PDF
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Technical Writer, Training, Engineer, Developer, Cloud, Technology, Operations, Engineering Apply now .