Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Hillrom is a $2.8B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, surgical products and information technology solutions. Hillrom's comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum and around the world in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.
Description JOB SUMMARY:
The position works with other Mortara Receiving Associates servicing departments within the company that require materials to be received and delivered in a timely and accurate manner. They provide a very critical function assuring us that we accurately receive within our business system purchase orders for productive and non-productive materials and services. They also receive Service (SRO's), customer returns (RMA's) product and demo equipment (WTO).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: - Other duties may be assigned:
* Receive all incoming materials, supplies, equipment and returned goods.
* Check received goods against purchase orders or receiving papers.
* Check quantity, type, size, part numbers, dimensions, etc. to properly identify materials.
* Route or deliver materials to predefined storage or manufacturing locations.
* Provide assistance to Accounting, as needed, to resolve invoicing issues.
* Load and unload trucks.
* Submit recommendations to management to improve the receiving process and record keeping.
* Look and report opportunities within all of Operations and our business system to improve efficiency and eliminate waste.
* Assist in shipping, material handling and assembly departments as needed.
* Comply with our ISO 9001 13485 Quality System standards.
* Maintain the 5S (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain) program for your area.
* Approve and sign receiving documents submitted by the carrier(s).
* Sign all receiving documents that pertain to a product receipt (i.e. packing slip, C of C, etc.).
Qualifications EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* At least 1 year of experience within receiving and inspections practices within the electronic industry.
* Good math and reading skills.
* Strong computer skills.
* Fluent in English for both written and oral communication.
* Effective at communicating with both internal and external customer's changes and sensitive situations.
* Strong personal skills to work with others under minimal supervision.
* Ability to work well in a fast pace environment.
* Must be a team-player, possess outstanding customer service skills and be self-motivated.
* Acts with a sense of urgency, illustrates ambition, and drives for completion of tasks and projects.
* Must have the ability to initiative and develop creative solutions.
* Possess the ability to manage time and prioritize critical priorities.
* Must demonstrate the ability to increase knowledge.
NOTE: The inability to perform any of the following physical requirements does not preclude an applicant from consideration unless, following an individualized analysis, it is determined that the physical requirement is an essential job function and the applicant is unable to perform such function with or without reasonable accommodation
* While performing the duties of this job the employee will be standing, sitting, and walking for extended periods of time. Capable of handling boxes and loads of material up to 50 lbs.
Hillrom is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity