Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
5601 SE 122nd Ave
Portland, OR 97236:
Currently hiring strong CNA's for EVE/Night shift People who want long term employment.:
$1500 Sign On Bonus for Full Time New Hires!!!:
Come work at a 5 star facility!
Have Questions? Please contact Tracy Niles at 503-548-9947 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com):
page updated 9/28/20::
Status: Full-Time/Part-Time/On-CallShift: Day/Evening/NocSchedule: Various:
Provides quality nursing care to residents; implements specific procedures and programs; coordinates work within the department, as well as with other departments; reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responds to inquiries or requests for information; assists the immediate supervisor with tasks to support department operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides quality nursing care to residents in an environment which promotes resident rights, dignity, freedom of choice, and their individuality while providing individualized attention and encouraging residents to maintain or attain the highest practical physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being and answering residents call lights promptly and courteously.
* Understanding and ensuring that individualized care plans are followed and providing the charge nurse or other care planning staff with specific information, changes and observations of the residents needs and preferences.
* Attends to the individual needs of residents including assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, incontinent care, toileting, colostomy care, prosthetic appliances, transferring, ambulation, range of motion, communicating, or other needs in keeping with the individuals care requirements.
* Provides care that maintains each resident s skin integrity to prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears, and other damage by changing incontinent residents, turning, repositioning immobile residents, and applying moisturizers to fragile skin.
* Protects the personal belongings of each resident including eyeglasses, dentures, hearing aids, furnishings, jewelry, clothing, memorabilia, etc. Promptly reports missing items according to established policy.
* Performs various tasks assigned by the charge nurse including vital signs, residents weights, applying creams/ointments, collecting specimens, as well as lifting, moving, and transporting residents, using proper body mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention.
* Responsible for keeping records documenting care provided or other information in keeping with department policies while performing all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated, and proper disposal of soiled materials.
* Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with the resident, visitors, families, peers, and supervisors.
* Attends and participates in resident activities and the execution of the Expressions of My Life programming for Expressions memory care residents.
* Incorporates the Life Story and 100 Things About Me information into routine tasks and ADL s for Expression memory care residents.
* Responsible for following universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security, report and/or correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs.
* Compliant with current law and policy to provide a work environment free from sexual harassment and all illegal and discriminatory behavior.
* Cooperates and works together with all co-workers, planning and completing job duties with minimal supervisory direction, utilizing appropriate judgment.
* Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned.
* Other duties may be assigned.
A minimum of three months prior nursing assistant experience in long-term care preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* A high school diploma or equivalent. Must hold current Certification in State or be eligible to obtain certification within four months of employment.
* Basic knowledge and skills utilizing care tracking systems.
Cascade Terrace Nursing Center:
Cascade Terrace (https://www.prestigecare.com/location/cascade-terrace-nursing-center) is a skilled nursing and rehabilitation center conveniently located close to all of the Portland hospitals in southeast Portland with easy access to I-205 from Foster Road.:
Our care team at Cascade Terrace strives every day to help patients reach optimal recovery. We boast an active transitional care program that is a wonderful solution for individuals who are stable and no longer require hospitalization, and who can benefit from an intensive program of rehabilitation and recovery. Our goal is to assist in the transition and recovery between hospital and home.
We value good people and know that a great professional team makes Cascade Terrace a healthier and happier environment for patients, and our care team has the experience to show it. Together, our team fosters a warm and loving environment filled with humor and fun with our resident cats and dogs keeping everyone company.:
Any Questions Contact: CascadeAdministrator@prestigecare.com:
Prestige Care is about people helping people, and is rooted in a philosophy of caring based on our core values - respect, integrity, commitment, and trust - that are at the center of all we do. Our mission is to provide quality care, guided by a compassionate heart and our promise is to personally touch lives every day. At Prestige we offer a dynamic and collaborative environment where you will not only make a difference in the lives of others every day; you have the opportunity to grow professionally, learn new skills and advance your career.:
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care:
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an employee, you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below:
We also offer a full benefits suite to eligible employees that includes the following:
Medical, dental, and vision coverage:
Employer paid group life and ADD insruance:
401(k) plan with company match:
Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays:
Employee Assistance Program:
Commitment to career development and continuing education:
Scholarship/ tuition reimbursement:
Employee discounts: cell service, theme parks, and so much more!:
*Benefits may vary by location