Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
* Job Search
* Save Search
SENIOR ENGINEER, SYSTEMS ARCHITECT
North America, USA, Minnesota, Minneapolis
Smiths Medical is currently hiring a Senior Engineer, Systems Architect in Minneapolis, MN.
The Senior Engineer, Systems Architect will reside within the highly spirited Systems Engineering Team whose charter is to grow and deploy systems engineering capability for product development across the Smiths Medical R&D. We grow that capability through continuous learning as a systems engineering team based on experience gained through project assignments.
Smiths Medical has a positive impact on someone s life around the world every minute of every day. In fact, over 240 people every minute benefit from a Smiths Medical product. Join us and grow your career while being a part of our continued success! We offer a fun, fast-paced, inspiring and collaborative work environment with opportunities to learn and contribute at all career levels. Innovation is part of who we are, with industry-leading products across a broad spectrum of medical device categories and a strong new product development pipeline. Duties & Responsibilities
On new product development projects, the systems engineering function is responsible for the following outcomes:
* Systems Engineering Plan based on scope of project, identify systems engineering tasks, deliverables and milestones;
* Stakeholder Requirements refine customer requirements into top-level system requirements that form the basis of system validation and input to systems requirements development;
* System Requirements based on Stakeholder Requirements, develop overall system requirements;
* System Architecture Definition define top-level system components and interfaces; allocate system requirements to architecture components;
* Risk Management Plan scope of risk management activities to be performed
* Hazard Analysis identify product risks, analyze and evaluate each risk, identify risk controls and verify risk controls;
* Risk Management Report summarize product s risk profile and risk acceptability;
During subsystem development, the systems engineering function is responsible for explicating, correcting and improving system specifications as needed by subsystem developers. Once the subsystems are complete, systems engineering supports the integration of subsystems and final system evaluation and transfer to manufacturing.
On projects involving changes to fielded product, the senior systems engineer participates in change impact analysis and updates to the system specifications.
All members of the system engineering team are expected to continuously grow their systems engineering skills through team experience/best practice sharing and other more formal training opportunities.
* This position is required to assure compliance of Company operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures (including knowledge of all standards, government occupational health and environmental regulations and statutes related to the site).
* Engage others, promote, and participate in Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives, focusing on continuous improvement.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity. The Individual
* The ideal candidate would have an engineering degree in an engineering discipline such as electrical, software, or biomedical engineering combined with any of the these or related disciplines.
* The candidate with an engineering degree would have at least 5-7 years of experience in developing systems specifications and architecture or 3-5 years with an advanced engineering degree; ideally that experience would be with products from the medical device industry, but experience from other regulated industries such as aerospace or automotive has proven to be successful at Smiths Medical. There should be evidence of growing responsibility in terms or promotion and job assignments.
* Understands systems engineering practices
* Understands model based systems engineering concepts and tools
* Understands the process and techniques for translating system/product requirements
* Use of state of the art requirements management tools
* Uses modeling and simulation tools to develop performance requirements
* Excellent collaboration skills.
* Excellent communications skill.
* Education requirements can be obtained through an educational institution or gained through equivalent work experience.
Salary & Benefits
In addition to a competitive compensation package, Smiths Medical offers a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and much more! About Smiths
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field. About Smiths Medical
Smiths Medical is always looking for people with a passion to positively impact the health and wellbeing of people around the world. If you have a curious mind, relish a challenge and want to make a difference then bring your talents here and your opportunities are endless. We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160-year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big we have introduced some of the most trusted brand names in healthcare. Today we're an aligned global business 8,000 colleagues, that touches the lives of 7 people every second across the globe.
At Smiths Medical, we are passionate about improving and saving the lives of patients through high quality, innovative medical devices and services. We are a leading global manufacturer of specialty medical devices that provides innovative and lifesaving solutions for the world s healthcare markets.
Specializing in Infusion Therapy, Vascular Access, Vital Care, and Specialty Products & Services, our products are found in hospital, emergency, home and specialty care environments and are used during critical and intensive care, surgery, post-operative care and for supporting managing chronic illness.
Smiths Medical is an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled
If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at 855-754-5032 to request an accommodation. Additionally, Smiths Medical invites interested deaf and hard of hearing applicants to use Video Relay Service (VRS).