Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
SUMMARY Maine Behavioral Healthcare is committed to creating a seamless system of behavioral health care across Maine, coordinating hospital psychiatric care with community-based treatment services, and better access to medical care through integration with primary care services. Effectively coordinating client and patient care across multiple locations and treatment settings will not only provide optimal health outcomes, but serve as a national model for treating people with serious mental health issues. We are a proud to be part of MaineHealth, Maine's largest health system, working together to make our communities the healthiest in America.
* Position Summary
The Maine Youth Network Manager will oversee the implementation of the Youth Peer Support Statewide Network (YPSSN). This includes overseeing the hiring and supervision of all youth peer support specialists working on the initiative. The YPSSN is a statewide, community-based, youth peer support service that provides one-on-one peer support, drop-in and educational opportunities, and outreach in the community to increase engagement in youth peer support services. A core element of the Maine Youth Network Manager's role is to ensure dynamic and effective mechanisms to capture youth voice in the development and implementation of YPSSN services. The Maine Youth Network Manager will be responsible for overseeing the YPSSN website, social media presence, and ensure marketing strategies are reaching youth eligible for YPSSN services.
The Maine Youth Network Manager is a peer support position; therefore, the candidate should have personal lived experience of mental health and/or substance use challenges and be eligible to attend the Certified Intentional Peer Support Specialists training. Another primary role of this position is to provide competent, peer support-valued supervision to YPSSN staff, which will extend across the large geographical footprint of the initiative. Therefore, reliable transportation and willingness to travel are necessary for this position, as well as the ability to efficiently navigate videoconferencing technology and computers.
The Maine Youth Network Manager will work collaboratively to resolve complex challenges with relevant community partners and maintain positive working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, especially the consultants hired to support this initiative.
* Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's Degree or work toward a Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field is strongly preferred.
* License/Certifications: Successful completion of the Certified Intentional Peer Support Specialist (CIPSS) Core Training is strongly preferred. CIPSS certification must be maintained after hire. Valid driver's license and ability to maintain appropriate.
* Experience: A personal history of recovery, a wellness or change story that guides peer relationships is required. 1+ years of experience in Group Facilitation and/or one-on-one peer support strongly preferred. Experience providing supervision and management of programs is strongly preferred
* A commitment to the ongoing education to all stakeholders on the importance and values of peer support
* Knowledge of child welfare and juvenile justice systems in Maine
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills
* An ability to work in a flexible, multi-dimensional and fast paced environment, including some weekends and evenings
* Ability to advocate and support change in a respectful, inclusive manner is required.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status