Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
STG International (STGi) is currently seeking a Health Technician/Medical Assistant to provide services at our Community Based Outpatient Clinic. The Health Technician serves in a generalist role to support and manage administrative and clinical interactions from the patient and provider location.
* Supports Primary Teleheath Clinical Technician (TCT) in performing telehealth imaging, including tele-retinal screening, tele-dermatology, tele-wound care imaging and other telehealth programming as technology becomes available, as identified and referred by the primary care provider, other providers, and the imager.
* Supports Primary TCT in Telehealth visits to carry out the following duties: responsible for the patient site clinical, business, scheduling and technical aspects for real-time telehealth applications, including, all specialty and primary care telehealth encounters (clinical video, imaging and support of home telehealth).
* Exercises judgment to perceive patient needs and evaluates clinical records to determine appropriateness of telehealth requests.
* Documents clinical information in electronic medical records daily, with minimal errors.
* Coordinates with Primary TCT to open the telehealth patient room, readies the equipment for the examination, training, education, access, and establishes the online, video conferencing or other connections. Creates the appropriate clinical and/or training setting/environment using interactive technology and is knowledgeable of adult learning using interactive technology and maximizing environments to support such activity.
* Coordinates information between facilities to expedite patient telehealth modality (SFT, HT and CVT) to access, promote and ensure maximum continuity of care.
* Assists Primary TCT in scheduling, confirming and coordinating telehealth services of inpatients and outpatients to/from VISN to VISN, Facility to Facility, CBOC to CBOC etc., private facilities including nursing homes, hospitals and clinics.
* Stays in room and facilitates the interaction, if this is part of the protocol or as requested. Provides hands on assistance to the provider and patient as part of the encounter, training or interaction as needed.
* Documents patient reminders, clinical reminders, clinical interaction and closes encounters, answering questions, and performing other duties as needed to ensure a beneficial visit, online activity and/ or training and support of the PACT team.
* Makes follow up visits.
* Performs a range of direct care duties that may include, but are not limited to such things as performing temperature, blood pressure, respiratory rate.
* Provides general clerical/administrative support coordination work for the facility.
* Other duties as assigned. ..
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, STGi is committed to providing equal employment in the employment and advancement for all persons regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as protected veterans and persons with disabilities at all levels of employment, including the executive level.
For more details, please visit : http://www.stginternational.com/stg2/pages/Careers.asp.