Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
This position coordinates an NICHD-funded multi-center study, A Cognitive Test Battery for Intellectual Disabilities and leads data collection efforts at the UC Davis site. The aims of the study include the development and validation of novel computer-based cognitive tests for children and young adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDDs), including Down syndrome, fragile X syndrome, autism, and other cases of IDDs. In addition to collection of various measures over time (longitudinal study), the project includes a clinical trial in the second half of the funding period focused on determining the degree to which the cognitive tests are sensitive to a medication that improves attention.
Final Filing Date : 11/1/2020
Salary Range : $28.17 - $45.29
Salary Frequency : Hourly
Appointment Type : Career
Percentage of Time : 1.0
Shift Hour : 08
Location : M.I.N.D. Institute Clinic
City : Sacramento
Union Representation : Yes
Benefits Eligible : Yes
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs.
THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY
As the study coordinator, the Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) is responsible for supporting the Principal Investigator (PI) in the development and execution of the research project. Manages participant recruitment and eligibility determinations at the UC Davis site, manages study conduct, data collection and organization, completes data analysis and provide summary reports, creates and maintains IRB documents, and supports communications with various agendas and ensures compliance with requirements. In addition, provides administrative support for the hiring, onboarding and required evaluations of student assistants and volunteers, develops and manages the REDCap data system for the project across sites, assists the PI with monitoring of enrollment goals across sites, administers cognitive tests to the above reference participants, oversees one or two other staff or students, and works with test developers in providing feedback and trouble shooting.
* Prior demonstrated ability to successfully coordinate multi-center research
* Demonstrated ability, or potential to publish scientific results in written form
* Experience with the REDcap data management system
* Experience with working with patients with fragile X and Down syndromes, and autism (such as recruiting, conducting phone in-takes, coordinating and scheduling clinical research appointments)
Specific experience with administering neuropsychological protocols to individuals with fragile X, Down syndrome, and autism
* College level education in psychology, human development or related field, or combination of education and/or work experience
* Experience administering cognitive tests to children and or adults with developmental disorders, and preparation of research summary reports
* Demonstrated knowledge of research principles and ethics, ability to follow protocols, and to use the internet for research. Previous experience developing and managing IRB documents
* Direct experience and oversight responsibilities in data management, with experience collecting, checking and analyzing data and creating lists and reports
* Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet software such as Excel to perform mathematical tasks accurately, create and edit data, and create documents
* Knowledge of statistical analysis methods (for example, descriptive statistics, T-tests, ANOVA, regression) and associated software (SPSS, R, SAS)
* Understanding of informed consent process and ability to communicate clearly about all aspects of the study including cognitive testing and developmental assessments
This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy..