Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN I 3RD SHIFT I 20% SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL
ST. CLOUD, MN
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That s just what our employees are doing every single day in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
Maintenance Tech I is an entry level position. Under close supervision where operations and sequences are specified by written and verbal instructions and established practices, the Maintenance Tech I will perform some routine repairs, corrective and preventative maintenance on optical Rx Lens manufacturing machinery and support facility/equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Preventative machine maintenance
* Machine repair and general troubleshooting equipment issues.
* Dismantles, adjusts, repairs, and assembles manufacturing and related equipment.
* Performs routine emergency procedures which may include fire, entry alarm, catastrophe, and chemical compliance.
* Helps completes projects of a defined scope on manufacturing and facility related equipment.
* Performs tests and monitors equipment using prescribed test procedures and diagnostic equipment.
* Prepares and maintains appropriate and required documentation on tasks performed.
* Maintains logs and records.
* Modifies and/or installs new equipment for the facility and production.
* Insures that equipment is safe and in proper working order.
* Complies with all NEC & OSHA safety regulations.
* Operates and maintains plant support equipment.
* Effective documentation of work on maintenance logs.
* Effective pass down to take place daily on Excel pass down log.
* Additional tasks as needed.
* HS Diploma or equivalent
* 0-2 years related experience
* Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
* Be able perform repetitive movements with upper and lower extremities.
* Requires ability to sustain lengthy periods of visual concentration and good hand/eye/foot coordination.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task production environment.
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
JOIN US TODAY. INSPIRE PEOPLE TOMORROW.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
We are an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.