Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 30+ days ago.
POSITION SUMMARY: At Paradies Lagardère, our mission is to maintain first-class standards that exceed the expectations of the customers and business partners we serve. Our Dining Division is a true restaurateur. We are passionate about connecting with each of our guests on multiple levels. From an inspiring restaurant design or live entertainment that captures a traveler’s attention, to the top-notch quality of our culinary offerings and the exceptional hospitality delivered by our teams, we focus on more than just restaurant operations. We specialize in experiences.
The Cook I provides a supreme dining experience to guests by preparing high quality meals. The Cook's main goal is to ensure that guests will always enjoy exceptional dining experiences. Whether working in an on-trend national brand, or an iconic concept from the local community, you will create and deliver first-class experiences for the traveling public.
In joining our team, you commit to supporting this mission, by demonstrating our service standards always and holding all team members to the same. Providing a safe work environment of trust and respect free of harassment is expected.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: All Paradies Lagardère positions, including Cook I, require that you embody a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service with a smile to customers and team members. You must embrace our family culture by following our core values, TRIFIC (Trust, Respect, Integrity, First-Class, Innovation, Commitment), recognize and satisfy all restaurant guests as well as be accountable to the Company and Restaurant Managers.
The following are intended as basic requirements. Success will come to the individual who can expand upon these job requirements and truly provide a memorable experience. These requirements/functions may change throughout their employment.
• Must have a passion for the guest!
• Must say “Yes”, “Please”, and “Thank You”!
• Must smile often! • Exceed First Class Service standards and behavior with guests, business partners, and peers.
• Maintain a professional company image by adhering to all grooming and uniform guidelines, including slip resistant shoes.
• Food preparation at 100% recipe adherence. Follows recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving, portioning, and serving food items.
• Follow production prep list and keep accurate records to accurately. Requisition supplies and equipment as needed.
• Ability to use knives, slicers, and kitchen equipment efficiently and safely.
• Wash, slice, and peel items on prep list.
• Follow recipes. • Store prepared food items safely and ensure they are properly date labeled.
• Follow all brand standards including those related to food safety, sanitation, operational excellence, or guest satisfaction.
• Practices excellent food safety and sanitation practices. Accountable for compliance with all local, state, federal laws and regulation including those relating to food safety.
• Regularly restocks all kitchen supplies and food items required for service.
• Assist with ordering and planning food supplies, as directed by the supervisor.
• Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to management.
• Monitor proper rotation and dating of prepped food items and storage areas.
• Maintain a clean and organized work environment that is free of safety hazards.
• Work well in a fast-paced environment. Must be detail oriented and the ability to multi-task.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS:
• Requires a minimum of 1 year of closely related cooking experience, work experience in high volume or fast casual dining restaurant environment preferred.
• ServeSafe Certification or equivalent required by state.
• Able to work unsupervised for extensive periods, and to demonstrate good judgment when dealing with guest
• High School Diploma or GED
• Ability to work various shifts in a 7/365 team-oriented environment including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Excellent customer service skills and an ability to communicate effectively, in English.
• Self-starter able to prioritize and handle various tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and unexpected situations.
• Proficiency required in reading, writing, and mathematics, in English.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. and to perform essential job functions such as standing, bending, reaching, gripping, climbing on ladder, and walking long distances.
• Standing for long periods of time and the ability to work in an environment with varying including conditions high heat steam, and varying odors.
This position description is merely intended to describe the primary elements of the position. Paradies Lagardère reserves the right to change the position description and to assign additional duties and responsibilities, as necessary. This position description does not constitute an employment contract of any kind.