Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Responsible for the operational success of the Commercial Lines Underwriting Operations (CLUO) Quality Assurance (QA) team. Responsible for the execution of the strategic vision and direction of the team while providing leadership and daily support to assigned QA Analysts. Facilitates QA reviews across CLUO that will add insight and identify trends and opportunities to CLUO leadership.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer's future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, knows how to elevate an idea, and can innovate and seeks opportunities in a changing world.
Location: Westfield Center, OH or remote opportunity
Salary Range: $97k-112k
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Responsible for execution of the strategic direction of the CLUO Quality Assurance (QA) team, including execution of the entire file review process
2. Gathers, organizes and analyzes relevant CL Services, Premium Audit and Risk Services data and results to identify and report performance, trends, and opportunities; makes recommendations regarding areas of improvement. Creates timely reports and communicates results with CLUO leadership, and other stakeholders as appropriate.
3. Continually seeks opportunities to improve operations. Responsible for ensuring the integrity and credibility of the Quality Assurance program and related processes. Ensures objective, adequate, applicable and timely QA review results that provide developmental opportunities and protects the assets of the company. Performs periodic review of QA processes, programs and technology to identify improvement opportunities.
4. Works with both internal and external business partners to provide excellent customer service by listening, partnering with stakeholders, and through the use of metrics, analytics, reporting, and effective and timely completion of work assigned to the team.
5. Performs talent management responsibilities including employee selection, performance management, coaching in technical and career development, employee-related issues, employee morale and work environment. Responsible for work quality and customer service. Manages priorities and workload distribution, removes barriers that impede progress. Completes all personnel, salary administration, and reporting duties. Performs operational responsibilities that drive team performance including planning, execution, process improvement and best-practice sharing.
6. Maintains effective and ongoing communication with CLUO staff, internal and external business partners, project team members, CLUO leadership, and vendors. May serve as a subject matter expert to the various business units regarding CLUO quality and/or performing ad-hoc work including mini-review events for various sub-groups/project teams.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. 10 or more years of P&C insurance industry experience.
2. 5 or more years of successful leadership experience with people and/or projects.
3. Experience coaching, training, developing and mentoring.
4. Experience executing strategic direction/vision.
5. Experience collecting, analyzing, and interpreting information and data to recommend policies and procedures that drive effectiveness and efficiency.
6. Strong organization, planning and facilitation skills.
7. Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills, resulting in the ability to interact with all levels of management and employee population.
8. Experience multi-tasking and prioritizing previous work assignments to ensure deadlines are met.
9. Experience working on and planning projects.
10. Conflict resolution experience.
11. Ability to handle sensitive information and communications with confidentiality, tack and diplomacy.
12. Experience influencing change.
13. Industry designation such as CPCU, AIM, ARM, etc.
14. Bachelor's Degree or commensurate experience.
15. Valid driver's license and driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing, and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
- Ability to travel as required.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.