Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Who We Are
For 25 years, Aptima's mission has been to improve and optimize performance in mission-critical, technology-intensive settings. We apply deep expertise in how humans think, learn, and perform to today's challenges. Whether for fighter pilots functioning in the cockpit, medical staff in the ICU, or teams collaborating across distributed networks, our solutions help measure, assess, inform, and augment human performance in defense, intel, aviation, law enforcement, and healthcare.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a Software Engineer Intern who can commit to learning and working with Aptima long term and 10-12 hours per week. The software tools we are developing provide a variety of services within distributed training events, including human performance measurement capabilities, instructor control station, data analytics, warehousing and learning assessment. You will be mentored by Senior Engineers and offered an excellent opportunity to expand your career knowledge while gaining valuable experience solving complex software and systems engineering problems working in a leading-edge R&D environment. You will be working with the following technology stack: Angular, Node.JS, Typescript, PostgreSQL, Java, and MQTT. You will be developing and deploying software components and microservices in local and networked configurations. You will work with physical hardware and will specify dynamic Infrastructure as Code (IaC) in a virtualized environment using software such as Terraform or similar. In this role, you will assist in the following areas: software development and maintenance, technical writing to include user guides and operations manuals and software and system unit testing
- Familiar with object-oriented programming, user interface development and able to work on small to medium-sized software projects
- Familiar with network-level programming and demonstrated working knowledge of TCP/UDP and message bus architectures
- Development of software microservices to build upon existing architectures, code maintenance and testing
- Understanding of software development best practices and user experiences
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- U.S. Citizenship required or the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
- Must have 1+ years working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
All applicants selected will be subject to a background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Aptima, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to non-discrimination in employment. We select the most qualified individual for the job based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, credit history, sexual orientation, arrest and court record, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or other applicable laws.
Aptima, Inc. participates in the US Government E-Verify Program. For more information, click on .
EOE MINORITIES/FEMALES/PROTECTED VETERANS/DISABLED
Department: Performance Assessment Technologies
This is a non-management position
This is an internship position