Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
The MWD Field Specialist 4 primary responsibilities are to participate in the operation of on-site duties, troubleshooting procedures and making repairs with no supervision.
The MWD Field Specialist 4 works under the direction of the MWD Coordinator over that rig and the MWD Field Support Supervisor over that region.
- Train others in mud pulse procedures
- Run gamma logging equipment and software
- Lead gamma and/or direction and inclination (D&I) jobs
- Follow procedures for all job duties and accurately complete all job paperwork
- Assemble, run and operate mud pulse tools, using appropriate surface gear, and following mud pulse procedures
- Start job with or without a job folder or a complete job folder
- Assist in generating leads for more work through performance
- Recognize and accurately inventory all appropriate tools on location
- MWD tool assembly and surface gear rig up
- Remain on wellsite for the duration of directional operations or until released by customer/supervisor
- Monitor, troubleshoot and make necessary repairs to equipment in operation while drilling
- Utilize MS Office Suite and other related computer programs required for job completion
- Accurately qualify survey data
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Work independently and prioritize tasks based on operational needs
- Make sound and quick decisions to support all operations while maintaining a continuously safe working environment
- Work with an emphasis on individual safety and safety for others, including coworkers and third parties
- Maintain spatial orientation and awareness to safely move around work environment with many moving objects
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to lead gamma and (D&I) jobs
- Skillful with gamma logging equipment and software
- Demonstrated ability to assemble, run, and operate MS Directional MWD tools and equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with coworkers, internal and external customers, and third parties
- Bend, stoop, kneel, twist, and crawl throughout the work shift
- Demonstrate clear communication skills including ability to read, write and speak English as well as understand and promptly follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Ability to judge near and far distances to maintain awareness of, watch, and report ongoing work activities to coworkers and third parties
- Able to have accurate recall over short and long-term memory
- Willing to work extended schedules, including extra days, nights, weekends and holidays
- 3+ years MWD experience running MS Directional tools (at least 2 years with recent MSD technology)
- Eligible to meet requirements to drive on Company business
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic computer skills with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook etc.)
This position requires the person to work in various environments to include office, shops and worksites often in remote locations with exposure to all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, cold, heat, day, night, etc.) and employees will be expected to properly use designated personal protective equipment (PPE). The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, or walk with occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending and frequent near vision use for reading and use of computer, telephone and other office equipment..
Employing subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (Patterson-UTI) are equal opportunity employers and maintain a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.