Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Position Title: Platform General HelpDepartment: ShippingReports to: Shipping Lead Person or Shipping Supervisor or Shipping Manager
Loads product to the trailers according to load sheets.
Primary Job Duties:
- Move product (stacks or racks) from packaging lines to appropriate trailer or staging area.
- Keep product staging areas and lanes organized.
- Load product from staging area to trailers.
- Ensure all trays are stacked properly and that no damaged product is shipped.
- Remove out-of-code product from the floor (requires constant checking of date and price codes) and label accordingly.
- Keep floor areas clean and organized (includes Bond St. Platform, private label dock, D-Center loading area, empty tray area).
- Serve as a break person for other shipping employees on various lines and/or platform.
- Work on the platform, which includes unloading in-bound (purchased) product.
- Complete paperwork (load sheets, block sheets) with accuracy and neatness.
- Perform trailer checks, which includes sweeping and checking for damage. Documents information and submits to department manager.
- Informs supervisors in advance of the floor inventory of empty trays and other equipment.
- Communicates with packaging employees to make sure product counts are correct on each truck (i.e. reconciling trailer paperwork to packaging wrapsheets).
- Maintains safe working environment for all employees/contractors/visitors by following safety guidelines and reporting all incidents to management.
- Promotes employee safety in all areas of operations.
- Maintains cleanliness of the work area.
- Follows proper G M P's at all times.
- Other related duties as assigned by Lead Person, Supervisor or Manager.
Essential Job Functions/Requirements:
Experience: Entry Level, No experience required.
Education: Basic literacy skills, able to read and comprehend verbal or written instructions, signage, warnings, etc.
- Able to count and perform basic math.
- Able to read and comprehend department materials and specifically load sheets.
- Capable of lifting or maneuvering up to 50 pounds.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to reach approximately 7 feet high to move product.
- Physically capable of moving to all areas of the plant.
- Able to view product and determine adherence to quality control standards including size, shape, color, cut, etc.
- Able to perform all duties so as not to produce damage.
- Able to read, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, signs, etc.
- Performance of other duties deemed by management to be an integral part of the job..
Northeast Foods is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.