Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Our client provides innovative design solutions for advanced technology prototypes. Example projects include laser communication, high energy lasers, optical sensors, biological agent detectors, and large radar antennas, for systems deployed on ground, maritime, air and spaceborne platforms. The client has expertise in precision engineering, optomechanics, mechanisms, electronics packaging, large structures, highly efficient lightweight structures, composite materials, and additive manufacturing. The client is the Engineering Division's center for 3D CAD design and data management and is involved in every step of program execution from conceptual design to system integration and test. This requisition is for a Mechanical Support Engineer to participate in the design of said systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The successful candidate will work as part of a multidisciplinary team, under the direction of a client Technical Project Manager, to provide support for the mechanical design, analysis and testing of complex mechanical, opto-mechanical and electro-mechanical systems.
Responsibilities will include design, analyses, integration, and testing of complex hardware from conceptual design through fabrication and field performance evaluation. Candidates must be enthusiastic, innovative and motivated self-starters able to work independently, or as part of a group. They must possess strong oral and written communication skills and must be able to present status/results to internal and external audiences. The position may require travel to meetings and field sites.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with an ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering plus 1 year of minimum relevant experience in mechanical design, assembly and testing of high reliability electronic, electro-optic, mechanisms, or opto-mechanical systems for DoD or aerospace applications.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment and demonstrate good written and oral communication skills.
- Engineers with only commercial or industrial product experience will not be considered.
- Experience with SolidWorks 3D CAD software preferred
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
- Location: Lexington, MA
- Travel: Not anticipated at this time, however program needs may change
- Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
- Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI). Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).