Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Granite City Electric Supply is the area's premiere electrical distributor serving electrical contractors as well as residential, commercial and industrial customers for over 90 years. With branches covering Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont and Connecticut, we are the largest regional independent electrical supply company and the official distributor of electrical supplies to the Boston Red Sox.
Granite City is looking for a professional Delivery Driver to join our delivery team in Taunton, MA! Approximate hours are 4:30AM-1:00PM, Monday-Friday. We offer competitive pay as well as incentives. Check us out and apply now! The Granite City Delivery Driver will load the truck, drive to customer locations, unload and deliver product in a timely, efficient and safe manner. Candidate will maintain vehicle in good condition and ensure paperwork is current and accurate. He/she will provide superior customer service, delivering product on-time, accurately and professionally. Compensation for this position is an hourly rate of $18.00.
- Deliver material to customers in an efficient and safe manner.
- Conduct pre & post trip inspections.
- Ensure truck is in safe operating condition, looks clean and professional, and adheres to DOT regulations.
- Effectively communicate with internal customers, such as sales associates and ops associates to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Effectively communicate with external customers while providing first class delivery service.
- Provide feedback to the supervisors to maintain efficiency in driving routes.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge of GCE policies and procedures, participates in training, and attends meetings as requested.
- Must be professional at all times and have a professional appearance.
- Participate in processes and programs aimed at promoting a safe work environment.
- Follow all SOP's for the position, maintain high order accuracy and on-time delivery.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have 1-3 years professional driving experience driving a non-CDL 26' box truck.
- Knowledge of and experience with forklift operations and warehouse equipment preferred.
- Eclipse software experience preferred; computer aptitude is necessary.
- Equivalent education or experience may be substituted for any of the above.
- Valid drivers license, clean driving record, Medical DOT Card.
- Experience with routing software preferred.
- Customer service essential, electrical or construction knowledge is a plus.
- Must have valid, unexpired, Medical DOT Card.
- Must be able to drive professionally, must hold valid, unexpired drivers license.
- Must have a clean driving record/MVR.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Good math and reading skills.
- Must have mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to understand maps/GPS.
- Ability to lift up to 70lbs on a repetitive and ongoing basis.
- Ability to walk/stand/sit.
- Ability to push/pull up to 70lbs repetitively.
- Must be able to bend, twist and stoop frequently.
- Must be able to climb in and out of truck routinely.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Excellent employee benefits including, medical, dental, vision, life, STD/LTD, 401k, vacation, holiday, sick time and more!
Join our team and work among the best in the industry!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
The employer uses E-Verify.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).