Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Exyte is a global leader in the design, engineering and delivery of facilities for high-tech industries. With a history of more than 100 years, the company has developed a unique expertise in controlled and regulated environments. Exyte has a truly global footprint, serving the most technically demanding clients in markets such as semiconductors, batteries, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and data centers. The company offers a full range of services from consulting to the managing of turnkey solutions - delivered to the highest quality and safety standards. Solving the most complex challenges, Exyte forges trusted, long-lasting relationships with its clients. In 2018, Exyte generated sales of EUR 3.5 billion with over 5,600 highly experienced and motivated employees. The company is ideally positioned to further strengthen its market leadership with its broad industry insight and its exceptional talents.
The Telecom Superintendent is responsible for leading field coordination and execution on Construction Projects. Provides support to Project Managers and Construction Mangers on assigned projects as required. Assists in the assurance that site safety is maintained according to the safety plan, maintaining the daily progress goals, ensuring installation quality is upheld during the entire construction period, and communicating to Project Managers and Construction Managers. Responsible for Subcontractors, subcontracts, and trade workers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Promotes and upholds a safe work environment for all workers through the promotion of the safety culture described in the Exyte Site Specific Safety Plan and industry safe practices
- Ensures that company safety policies and the Site Specific Plan are proactively communicated, and consistently upheld
- Assists Construction Mangers and Project Managers in the supervision of other project staff to include Project Engineers, SHE Coordinators, etc.
- Participates in the Safe Behavior Observation (SBO) process
- Assists Project Managers and Construction Managers in the development of the overall project schedule. Responsible for updating field progress of the schedule throughout the course of construction. Actively engages and leads Last Planner scheduling sessions with Subcontractors
- Communicates with Subcontractors and Suppliers with regard to schedule and ensures that their schedule progresses in accordance with the Project Schedule. Coordinates all work across all disciplines consistently planning the work in advance
- With the support of the Quality Control, implement and enforce the Exyte Quality Control process; including participating in pre-construction meetings, conducting field observations and inspections, accepting or rejecting subcontractor work as required and scheduling and facilitating field inspections as required
- Works collaboratively and utilizes SHE staff as a resource for strategic and tactical implementation of SHE processes and procedures
- Participates in CERT and HAZMAT training and EHS teams as required
- Leads and/or participates in site Safety Management by Walking Around (SMBWA) Teams
- Have complete knowledge of the terms of the Construction Contract and of the construction documents; including the complete drawings (civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical and process systems); specifications; addenda; change documents; and any other pertinent documents
- Responsible for maintaining a three-week 'look ahead' schedule for weekly Subcontractor meetings. With the support of Construction Managers, coordinates and leads Contractor and Subcontractor field coordination meetings, and takes meeting minutes including designation and execution of action items
- Assists, when requested, in the take-off and pricing of proposed changes to the Contract
- With the support of Document Control and Project Managers, maintains one complete up-to-date set of the Contract Documents with approved modifications for exclusive use in supervising the work of Exyte forces and Subcontractors
- Provides technical and field support to the engineering staff, such as field measurements, layout, constructability, maintainability review, and as-built information
- Coordinates with the Construction Manager on all scheduled Subcontractor 'show-up' and material delivery dates
- Assists the Project Manager and/or Construction Manager in determining quantities or percent of work in place for monthly applications for payment
- Participates and reports to the Project Management team in regular Owner meetings
- Reviews all office correspondence, RFIs, PCOs, etc. Communicates any issues or recommendations for improvement
- Responsible for the completion, on a daily basis, of the Daily Construction Report
- On a weekly basis, assists with determining quantities for Cost Reports and reviews those quantities with the Construction Manager prior to their submittal to Project Controls
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field preferred
- OSHA 30 required
- 4+ years of construction experience
- Construction and project related experience
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organization and coordination skills
- Must be able to communicate technical material to other technical stake holders and to a non-technical audience
- Working knowledge of: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point), Adobe Writer, Visio and basic Windows environment
- General working knowledge with BIM, BIM360, BIM Field
Attractive salaries, supportive environments and excellent benefits allow for growth and career development with ExyteGroup.
NO OUTSIDE RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES
ExyteGroup is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The ExyteGroup provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.