Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
LOCATION: Anywhere in Westfield's operating territory
Minimum Salary 59,522.00 Midpoint Salary 68,450.00 Maximum Salary 77,379.00
BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer's future is at the heart of what we do. We deliver on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens. Building relationships has been a part of our culture since 1848.
Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, seek opportunity and strive for innovation in a changing world.
SBA Underwriter 2 Job Summary
The SBA Underwriter 2 represents Westfield Insurance among a defined territory of agencies, with responsibility for the production, retention and profit of commercial lines business. Maintains communication between the agencies and company and advises their SB Underwriting Team Leader of agency situations and market trends that may need attention. Makes responsible decisions regarding risk acceptability and pricing. Provides agency service and maintains intra-company communications.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Represents the company among a defined territory of agencies, with responsibility for the production, retention and profit of commercial lines business.
2. Reviews and underwrites individual applications (new and renewal business) for commercial lines accounts (written premium primarily $0- 25,000). Determines acceptability of risk in accordance with company guidelines and standards by reviewing the application and risk for exposure identification.
3. Maintains an assigned book of business, including endorsements and renewals, and is responsible for the overall profit (e.g. predictive underwriting compliance, pricing discipline) and growth (e.g. new revenue, retention activities) of the book.
4. Establishes and maintains effective communication and alignment with agents and with internal stakeholders in the company regarding underwriting procedures and practices, growth/profit goals and objectives, and agency relations.
5. Notifies agencies of adverse underwriting decisions, underwriting requirements, status and declinations. Answers questions from agencies, policyholders or other external contacts and escalates issues to management as necessary. Negotiates with agents to reach positive and profitable outcomes.
6. Coordinates and owns agency business plans and key activities.
7. Keeps current on state/territory issues and regulations, industry activity and trends, and make recommendations as a subject matter expert of this information with team members, particularly the SB Underwriting Team Leader.
8. Maintains an operating knowledge of Westfield Insurance standardized hardware, software programs, third party software, and processing procedures.
9. Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Minimum of 2 years of property and casualty underwriting experience.
2. Must have a proven track record of underwriting acumen, profitable results, territory management skills, and pricing acumen.
3. Experience providing excellent customer service with an emphasis on professionalism, timeliness and accuracy.
4. Demonstrated strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple work streams and prioritize work appropriately.
5. Demonstrated excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
6. Proven negotiation and sales management skills.
7. Demonstrated experience in commercial lines insurance.
8. Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience.
9. Valid driver's license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.