Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Agilex Fragrances is a leading provider of custom fragrance compounds and delivery systems serving mid-sized customers. We have an immediate opportunity for a Quality Control Technician at our Van Nuys, CA manufacturing location. This position is responsible to perform quality inspection and testing of incoming raw materials and outgoing finished products, completing all necessary administrative, control, and compliance requirements. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensures that sampling is conducted in accordance with accepted protocol and proper technique to ensure representative sample.
- Responsible for inspection, and testing of incoming raw materials, in-process materials and finished products and ensuring that procedures are followed and measurements are performed accurately, using the appropriate test methods for odor and color and equipment, including GC, SG, RI as well as other available equipment/methods.
- Catalogs samples in the retain library for all incoming and finished goods.
- Accurately records the results of all testing and determines whether results are within acceptable specification limits.
- Makes determination to conditionally approve, rework or reject materials not meeting specification.
- Prepares required documents (MSDS/COA/Spec Sheet) and responds to internal and external requests for documentation in a timely manner.
- Oversees the review of process documents (i.e. Work Order, Analytical Work Report, and Purchase Order) to ensure all customer requirements are met.
- Responsible for all equipment, ensuring proper working condition, maintaining/calibrating as required, preventing unintended use of nonconforming equipment, and verifying product quality when necessary.
- Maintains a clean and safe working area and ensures that personnel adhere to safety practices, procedures, and regulations including use of safety glasses, gloves, etc., as required.
- Works with Perfumery and Purchasing Depts. to evaluate samples from potential new raw material suppliers.
- Assists in the Customer Complaint Process: logging, investigation and development of corrective actions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree preferred in Chemistry or related Science.
- 1-2 years lab experience, QC experience required within a in a fragrance environment. Related industries considered.
- Must have strong math and computer skills.
- Attention to details, ability to follow-through, observant, and focus on accuracy in weights and measures.
- Ability to operate analytical equipment.
- Must have Good olfactive sense ability.
- Strong communication skills and ability to positively interact with others at all levels
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Agilex Fragrances is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran