Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Granite City Electric Supply is the area's premiere electrical distributor serving electrical contractors as well as residential, commercial and industrial customers for over 90 years. With 27 branches covering Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont and Connecticut, we are the largest regional independent electrical supply company and the official distributor of electrical supplies to the Boston Red Sox.
Granite City Electric is looking to hire a Warehouse Receiving Associate for our Taunton, MA location. The Warehouse Receiving Associate will perform both perform both clerical and physical warehouse duties such as inventory management, receiving, storing, picking, and shipment of materials. Additional details are listed below.
- Moves material in a safe manner manually or by using forklift, pallet jack, handcart or another device.
- Accurately counts, checks, prepares, and locates items being received or shipped.
- Assists with the maintenance of inventory and the upkeep of the department.
- Completes paperwork, documentation, and data input in accordance with established procedures.
- Assembles electrical wire leads based on work order and color codes.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge of GCE policies and procedures, general product knowledge, participates in training, and attends meetings as requested.
- Acts in helpful and cooperative manner towards customers and co-workers.
- Participates in processes and programs aimed at promoting a safe work environment.
- Must acquire a working knowledge of the Eclipse software support system.
- Maintaining GCE Lots/Reels program through Eclipse.
- Assists in monthly 'Rapid Reel' inventory and the proper storage of the reels.
- Assists in wire machine preventative maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of forklift operations and warehouse equipment preferred.
- Previous electrical wire/cable cutting experience a plus.
- Equivalent education or experience may be substituted for any of the above.
- Embrace GCE core values; Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Respect and apply to each business interaction; internal and external.
- A strong focus on keeping GCE risk-free from copper/wire theft.
- Good mechanical aptitude, good math, communication and reading skills.
- Ability to interact successfully with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in and contribute to a team environment.
- Ability to work independently to meet assigned project deadlines.
- Must be able to demonstrate reliability by arriving to work on time and taking breaks in expected time frames.
- Adaptability / flexibility / willing to change & adjust with business conditions.
- Coachable & actively participates in coaching process.
- Team player, Multi-tasker.
- Works with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to lift between 70 lbs - 125 lbs on a repetitive and ongoing basis.
- Ability to walk/stand all day.
- Must be able to bend and stoop frequently.
Granite City offers competitive wages, great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, STD/LTD, 401k, vacation, holiday, sick and more! Join our team and work among the best in the industry!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).