Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Situation in Organization
The Account Manager reports to the Acrylics Commercial Director, Americas.
- Responsible for Acrylic Monomer sales to a diverse set of industrial customers, in multiple market segments in an Inside sales territory of approximately 19M lbs. And $18 million revenue.
- Customer and target prospect customer mix will include mid to small sized accounts (eg. SK Primacor, Celanese, Westlake, Kuraray, Dixie Chemical, Clariant, MFG Chemical, Liquid Specialty Products.)
- Manage Brenntag distribution channel sales and support business development.
- The position includes managing and developing profitable outlets for by-product and cutter stock streams at the Clear Lake Operation and Bayport plant.
- Provides analysis of critical sales metrics and market data and supports supply chain, finance and related business activities.
- Administers free market and internal customer pricing, rebate accruals & settlements and contracts to ensure the integrity of pricing and execution of contractual agreements.
- Function as the salesforce BU Champion responsible for training, adoption and support.
Key Responsibilities & Activities
40% Develop and Manage Key Customer Relationships
- Develop and maintain key relationships with assigned region Accounts and prospects through:
- Customers' visits/calls
- Organize customer events
- Participate in relevant trade/association meetings.
- Maintain an understanding and develop relationships with all the key contacts for each account. This includes Corporate Sourcing plus the Customer's Business, Marketing, Production, and Research Organizations.
- Ensure regular interactions and good relationship management with customers, call planning and preparation, prospecting for new sales.
- Build an in-depth knowledge of customers business, products and markets.
- Develop, maintain, and implement strategic customer plans that support the businesses annual plan.
20% Sales Planning and Strategy, Pricing, Contract Negotiations, Forecast Management
- Utilize Strategic (Blue Sheet) and Conceptual Selling (Green Sheet) to strategize and prepare for meetings, price and contract negotiations.
- Use Salesforce to document contacts, enter call reports, opportunities and manage customer relationships.
- Make recommendations to facilitate maximum utilization and coverage necessary to meet annual sales goals.
- Deliver on annual sales budgets for territory, by customer and specific product lines in agreement with Commercial Director & Business.
- Negotiate, implement and manage pricing initiatives including; accurate and timely formula and market pricing entry and approvals.
- Negotiate and manage contracts with support from the Commercial Director, Business and Legal.
- Develop a customer-by-customer monthly and annual sales forecast and execute a process that assures achieving the delivery of forecasts by account.
- Ensure product delivery through coordination with Supply Chain, accurate and timely price management, reconciliation of invoicing issues, and becoming a proactive manager of the collection process.
- Utilize travel budget and customer activities in the most effective manner while maintaining necessary level of interaction by account.
20% salesforce BU Champion
- Understand how Salesforce Lightning version is designed within Arkema.
- Understand the value of each functionality within Salesforce.
- Understand the interaction between SAP and Salesforce tools with regard to accounts.
- Schedule training sessions with users and guide / assist them towards adoption of the tool and achieving KPI's.
- Communicate the value of the Salesforce tool versus the current processes to improve / increase the adoption of the tool among users.
- Create necessary reports and dashboard to support Management requirements.
- Follow up with users periodically with refresher sessions on salesforce functionality.
- Help the BU with problem solving and contacting CRM team for problem solving, functionality enhancement.
- Be the primary contact for the BU towards communicating all enhancements and messages done by CRM team
10% Pricing Administration
- Serve as the subject matter expert for customer pricing by ensuring entry, documentation and approval of monthly formula and market pricing. Maintain pricing databases and verify adherence to contract formula pricing and terms.
- Manage rebates and supplemental charges according to contract terms.
10% Develop Market, Competitor Intelligence and Customer Data
- Document and provide valuable competitive sales and marketing information to the Sales and Business Team. This includes knowing the overall market size with an estimate of share by producer at customers for like products, in-depth knowledge of competitors, market applications and competitive alternatives to acrylic monomer products.
- Analysis of critical sales metrics and market data and provides customer data and charts.
- Supports the site HES policy and complies with all regulatory and internal requirements
- Participates in HES activities provided by site management and Arkema Inc. (e.g., Behavioral Base Safety, safestart, etc.)
- Supports and promotes the reporting of all health, safety, environmental, near-miss, accident or injury incidents.
- Understands and Supports the Clear Lake Facility Acrylic Monomers HSE2Q Commitment.
- Being at ease and prepared in front of the customer and/or management, including good presentation skills, negotiating skills, ability to close a deal/sale.
- Maintaining a reliable, consistent, positive and responsible corporate image is critical to the long-term success of the business.
- Position will be home based and ideally located in the greater Atlanta or Philadelphia areas.
- On average, travel expected to be 50% - 60% and may be higher at times. Travel is exclusively continental U.S.
Required Education/Qualifications /Work experience
- Bachelor's Degree in science, business, marketing or finance, with commercial experience needed to understand the technical, financial and economic aspects of the job.
- 5+ years' experience in sales and marketing and/or finance.
- Good time management and organization skills
- Good interpersonal skills, presentation skills, negotiating skills.
- Develop and execute Key Account Plans: tactics, assignments, rationale, due dates, deliverables.
- Demonstrated success in contract negotiation, closing a deal/sale, finding new sales and bringing ideas forward that may add value to the overall company.
- Ability to understand customer needs and desires within the context of Arkema's account goals; Ability to interact with all levels of customer personnel, from procurement to business leaders.
- Proficient with Salesforce Lightning, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SAP. SAP training to be provided if necessary.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively within a team environment.
Building on its unique set of expertise in materials science, Arkema offers a portfolio of first-class technologies to address ever-growing demand for new and sustainable materials.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of