Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
WHO ARE WE?
K12 Produces Results
Get to know Texas Virtual Academy (TVAH) !
Texas Virtual Academy
Behind the scenes
A Day in the life
K12 believes in Education for Any One. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the K12 partner school, TVAH. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of TVAH is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!.
Summary: The Career and Technical Education Teacher is state certified teacher and/or alternatively certified CTE Teacher responsible for delivering specific course content in an on-line environment. The CTE teacher must also be a provide instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students' individual needs. Teachers monitor student progress through K12's learning management system, and work actively with students and parents to advance each students learning and to develop and monitor a plan for post-secondary success via online tools like Career Builder, Career Cruising, etc.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Effectively apply working knowledge of the K12 curriculum and Online School as it relates to grade and subject level assignment
- Maintain and effectively apply knowledge of the State, Common Core and Industry Specific learning standards
- Support students/parents with placement, online school set up, curriculum and instructional issues
- Develop effective instructional tools and strategies to supplement and enhance provided curriculum
- Contact the student regularly via e-mail or phone
- Respond within appropriate time frame (usually one business day) to student/parent inquiries
- Participate in a weekly teacher conference call with the Academic Administrator
- Attend regularly scheduled face-to-face and virtual staff meetings
- Develop and maintain student academic progress
- Generate formal reports
- Alert administrators of any concerns about student progress and attendance
- Process student change in placement, as appropriate
- Complete semester and end of year progress reports
- Organize orientation, training, social, and educational activities for students and families
- Create a monthly newsletter or updated Web site
- Travel to assigned geographic areas to support students; participate in school activities such as open houses, expos, information session and orientations
- Lead student/parent orientations
- Work with the administration to prepare students for state assessments
- Serve as proctors for site-based proctored exams
- Administer state assessments
- Assess students per policy
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Do you strive to deliver excellent instruction, support, and guidance to students? Are you driven to focus on students' individual needs? Do you excel at managing the learning process?
If selected, you will participate in a year-long, comprehensive new teacher training and induction program that includes learning about K12 resources, our culture and how to work on our platforms. This program provides an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. You will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12's learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child's learning.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree AND
- Three (3) years of successful teacher experience within the virtual setting OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: Appropriate State and subject teaching certification.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Shared view of the virtual academy's mission
- Strong content and subject-matter knowledge
- An ability to support and guide adults as well as students
- Knowledgeable in the application of data bases utilized by K12
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organization and time-management skills
- Microsoft Office 365; Web proficiency.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Ability to clear required background check
- Experience as an online learner
- Experience with project based learning
- Experience using a student information system and/or other type of database
- An ability to support adults with basic computer set-up and navigation
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home-based position
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is 'at-will' as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the 'at-will' nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.Qualifications
Licenses & Certifications
Teacher - State Certified (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).