Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
With more than 80 years in business and 16 offices (and growing!), Ryan offers comprehensive commercial real estate solutions to customers across the US. We bring a collaborative, relationship-driven approach to delivering spaces where people thrive and businesses succeed. Join a company with an outstanding culture and competitive benefits. At Ryan, we don't just build buildings - we build stories.
Ryan Companies is looking for a creative, collaborative and forward-thinking Senior Architectural Project Designer / Planner to join our team in Minneapolis! The ideal candidate will be a senior living expert able to problem solve and design both as part of a collaborative team and perform work independently. This individual will be responsible for programming, space planning, creating extraordinary design solutions and inspiring design excellence. Industry experts with experience speaking at conferences, authoring senior living articles, and winning design awards will be given top priority.
Candidates with approximately 10 or more years of experience are most likely to be successful, however those with unique career experience or who display clear potential for the role will be considered. To be successful in this role, you must have a Professional Architecture degree. Ryan Companies uses a unique integrated delivery process that involves architecture, engineering, construction, development, real estate management and capital markets. Ryan's integrated process requires an individual to be able to work in a proactive and positive manner in tandem with local teams and cross regionally within a national design practice.
Some things you can expect to do:
- Lead and support the development of a creative, innovative design vision for independent, assisted living, and memory care communities
- Work in tandem with Client, Project Architect, Design Project Manager, Designers, Development, Construction and Consultants to ensure the design vision is maintained through all phases of design and construction
- Participate in design meetings, consultant meetings and project team meetings
- Ensure firm and project goals of design excellence, execution, and sustainability
- Attend project interviews and participate in business development
- Direct, supervise, and mentor staff
- Contribute to Ryan culture through participation in office activities, initiatives and learning programs
You will really stand out if you have:
- A strong portfolio of built senior living work
- Excellent conceptual design and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and lead a diverse team
- A strong knowledge of Revit, Bluebeam, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite
- LEED AP and/or WELL AP certification
Positions require verification of employment eligibility to work in the U.S.
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
Ryan Companies does not sponsor foreign workers for nonimmigrant visas or employment-based green cards unless the position is on our executive leadership team.
Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
Retirement and Savings Benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Ryan Foundation - charitable matching funds
Paid Time for Volunteer Events
Ryan is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Ryan does not accept recruiting agency solicitations.