Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring a Divisional Support Specialist in Boston, MA.
The primary function of the Divisional Support Specialist is to support the Divisional Analyst by performing a number of key transactional processes including processing of monthly order forms, executing Under the guidance of the Customer Operations Manager, the Distribution Specialist will address near-term supply gaps- via weekly S&OE process as well as daily ad hoc- ensuring timely and accurate communication to the Division/Regional Analyst of potential inventory and/or in stock issues. The Distribution Specialist is responsible for ensuring maximum truck utilization for all outbound loads to wholesalers.
What You'll Do:
- Manage the distribution of the BBC portfolio for assigned wholesaler group, with the end goal of delivering the freshest possible product, in the desired timeframe, as cost effectively as possible.
- Under the direction of the Customer Operations Manager, facilitate the weekly S&OE process. Ensure timely communication to Regional/Divisional analysts around projected inventory and in stock issues.
- Use accurate, current knowledge of brewery and wholesaler inventory levels to make rapid and sound decisions concerning distribution, product availability, and allocation as necessary to address supply gaps.
- Process monthly order form & forecast review submissions; escalating non-submissions to Regional/Divisional Analyst.
- Review monthly order forms submissions & forecast submissions for accuracy; share findings with Regional/Divisional Analyst.
- Process all inbound OCR & Ticket submissions for assigned wholesaler groups within defined timeframe.
- Daily review of outbound truck weights to ensure 99% utilization of assets; report variances to Customer Operations Manager
- Investigate damage claims and facilitate appropriate credits.
- Provide coverage for other Distribution Specialists.
- Identify and report opportunities for improvement to the Customer Operations Manager; provide ideas or solutions for improvement; share best practices amongst the team
- Under the directions of the Customer Operations Manager, travel to assigned sales region alongside Divisional/Regional Analyst in order to gain a better understanding of customers and local operations.
- Develop strong professional relationships with internal and external customers.
- Act in a manner that is consistent with the values of The Boston Beer Company.
- Special projects as assigned by the Customer Operations Manager.
What We're Looking For:
- BS or BA
- BS/BA in Business Administration or Supply Chain
- 1-2 years of inventory management, distribution and/or customer service;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience in logistics, SAP
Our people are our most important \\"ingredient.\\" We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there's the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran's Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Primary Location: Boston Office
One Design Center Place Suite 850
Job: Supply Chain Operations
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Posting: Oct 19, 2020, 2:36:15 PM.