Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Position Title: Sanitation -General HelpDepartment: SanitationReports to: Sanitation Manager and Sanitation Supervisor
Responsible for maintaining assigned areas of work clean during work shift.
Primary Job Duties:
- Effectively cleans all assigned areas of the plant both inside and out which includes equipment, machinery and general grounds.
- Clear understanding of proper chemical usage. Spraying insecticides or other chemicals.
- Adheres to food safety standards developed by H&S Bakery.
- Able to follow instructions regarding work assignments and daily tasks.
- Must maintain a good attendance record.
- Must not have an aversion to height, insects, rodents or dirt.
- Will often work in wet or dusty environment.
- Proficient in using the plant touch screens and CIP procedures.
- Must be able to use the following:
- Pressure Washers
- Chemical Foamers
- Electric Floor Machines
- Wet & Dry Vacuums
- Must be able to lift heavy bags and boxes at times and push up to 500 lb carts on wheels.
- Literate enough to read and understand labeling on cleaning products and sanitizers.
- Must demonstrate the safe and proper use of squeegees, mops, brooms, hand and floor scrapers, paint brushes and rollers.
- Must be able to use all ladders and/or lifts to their highest safe height to clean overheads inside plant and silos outside plant.
1) Maintains safe working environment for all employees/contractors.
2) Participates in accident investigations.
3) Promotes employee safety in all areas of operations.
1) Ensures cleanliness of the work area.
2) Ensures proper G. M. P.'s are followed at all times.
- Other related duties as assigned by Sanitation Manager.
Essential Job Functions/Requirements:
Experience: Demonstrated knowledge of basic housekeeping, machinery, equipment and general plant facility.
- Must be physically capable of moving to all areas of the plant. Must be capable of reaching, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling as required in a production operation.
- Must be able to climb ladders, crawl under equipment and work in tight spaces.
- Must have the arm, hand, and finger dexterity to manipulate sanitation equipment and tools.
- Must be capable of standing for long period, have normal range of motion in all extremities and be able to squat, bend, and stoop for extended periods of time. Be capable of lifting and moving items weighing up to 50 pounds and be able to wear protective clothing and equipment for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to generate written and verbal communications clearly and distinctly.
- Must be able to read, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, signs, etc.
- Performance of other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job. .
Northeast Foods is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.