Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Senior Manager is responsible for serving as the strategic interface with assigned business units for the purpose of business/IT strategy planning, solution discovery, development, service management, risk management and relationship management. The Sr. Engineering Manager, will work with multiple technical leads across projects. This person must have demonstrated the successful management of multiple development teams encompassing a total of 10-30 engineers where resources may be either onshore or offshore and can take diverse/changing requirements and turn them into actionable plans. This position will reward someone with a great vision with the opportunity to deliver it in a pragmatic way. This person understands the value of having a strong design/architecture before coding and is a creator motivated by the need to serve the business. The ideal candidate will have had experience in the high paced energy of startups as well as experience in the structured world of larger companies. This role requires both strong tactical skills and strategic level thinking. On the tactical side, this person needs to be able to help the team navigate through agile delivery, manage the team and architecture to provide the guidance, and shepherd in-flight projects to their successful ends. This candidate will work closely with Product Managers, Delivery team, Devops, Infrastructure and Business Operations in a highly collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions, while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time and on budget.
- Leads with a passion to meet internal/external customer demand through a combination of Delivery Team strength within the Delivery organization and open and honest collaboration with other Cotiviti organizations.
- Works with the Business (Portfolio and Product Management teams) to understand needs, priorities, and resources required to complete the work required by the PCA line of business.
- Establishes and organizes application development plans aligned with the goals / strategies of the business staffed with appropriately skilled technical resources.
- Plans and executes product releases, ensuring that delivery teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines.
- Work in Agile (Scaled Agile) environment, lead and contribute in PI Planning, Sprint Planning, to estimate and plan work for the technical teams, review/adhere to the development standards, monitors performance, and conducts performance appraisals.
- Provide technical guidance, suggest high level design, and write/review the code.
- Ensure that all technology standards are adhered to while developing systems. Plan and oversee Solution enhancements improving performance / availability. Provide ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of production systems.
- Work collaboratively with business partners to define and ensure the completeness and accuracy of system / technical requirements. Collaborate with product and application teams to analyze requirements and negotiate the priority of features based on benefit hypothesis.
- Act as an interface between strategy and delivery. They will be working with the leadership team and translating directives to their team as actionable tasks and deliverables.
- Identify new technologies that can improve our products, initiate proofs-of-concept with technical architects and leads and communicate the results to the organization.
- Works with HR provided leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Contributes to the productivity of the organization through on-time completion of projects associated with meeting departmental objectives.
- Ensure project deliverables are accomplished on time and within budget. Corporate application availability and delivery meets or exceeds negotiated SLA's and business/client objectives.
- Communicates technical and operational issues to engineering and infrastructure leadership in a timely manner.
- Maintenance and management of business relationships with clients and business partner organizations.
Education, Skills, Abilities, Experience
- Masters or Bachelors in Engineering in IT/ Electronics / Communication / Computer Science / Information Systems.
- 15+ years of experience in IT development with experience with Agile / TDD / BDD based development
- Must have experience with platform products, such as PaaS, IaaS, and microservice offerings
- Must have experience with software technologies and architectures, including cloud and service architectures.
- Required Skills & Experience -Java 1.8, Spring Security / Boot, REST, Microservices, NoSQL or Mongo and AWS
- Exposure to devops tools like Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, ELK stack, etc.
- Experience with Microservices Development in Java spring boot with containerized microservices deployment
- Experience and knowledge in web and API security including authentication, authorization, OAuth, OWASP, OpenID, and SAML
- Experience delivering reliable DevOps solutions, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience leading a high-functioning, highly agile team of engineers that delivers scalable and responsive web-based cloud solutions.
- Must provide a reasonable structure to allow engineers to focus on their goals. Create a culture of emotional safety where the team is empowered to act bravely, make decisions, and try new things without being controlled by a fear of failure.
- Troubleshoot bottlenecks and propose changes to fix them.
- Good social interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Innate desire to learn and grow, and ability to coach engineers to do the same through feedback, instruction, and supports.
- Strong organizational skills and adaptive capacity for rapidly changing priorities and workloads
- Ability to work well independently and maintain focus in a highly dynamic work environment, within a matrix organization
- Comfort in working with team members that are remote and located in the US, India or other geographies.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).