Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Driven by a commitment to research, quality and service, PDI, Inc. provides innovative products, educational resources, training and support to prevent infection transmission and promote health and wellness. Encompassing 3 areas, our Healthcare, Sani Professional and Contract manufacturing divisions, we develop, manufacture and distribute leading edge products for North America and the world. We have several locations across the US and are looking for new Associates to join our team!
Responsible for the accurate analysis of incoming raw materials, bulk liquids, and finished products utilizing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions (WIs), Nice Pak's Test Methods (NPTM) Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). Assures tested raw materials, bulk liquids, and finished products have met the required specification criteria prior to release. Maintain accurate, complete, and traceable documentation related to analysis and disposition.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
* Understanding of USP, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions (WIs), Test Methods related to raw materials, bulk liquids, and finished products.
* The testing may include but not limited to: pH determination, viscosity, refractive index, specific gravity
* Conduct wet chemical titration to determine the percentage of activity on various solutions and raw materials, bulk liquids, and finished products and by the use of instruments such as: GC, HPLC, IR, UV, Auto-titrators
* Determine the percentage of various components as required by specifications
* Perform identification of various chemicals or formulations as per methodology USP/NF and other test requirements
* Assist in the sampling, testing and release of raw materials when needed.
* Perform calibration, reading, and recording of instrument data within the Analytical Chemistry Lab
* Prepare and maintain laboratory test solutions, titrants inventory
* Determine the toxicity and pH of waste tanks at designated intervals
REPORTING & ANALYSIS:
* Ensure that all results are accurately recorded in appropriate laboratory logs or other designated forms.
* Provide support for purchasing analytical supplies
* Clean laboratory work related area
* Determine products' disposition
* Complete necessary forms
* Coordinate release of liquid batches including designation of reassay/expiration date.
* Test raw materials, batches, and finished products.
* Ensure release of raw materials, batches, and finished products are done accurately and timely.
* Maintain Lab cleanliness.
* Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, other related science
* Understand Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
* Classical Analytical lab techniques (titration, pH, Specific gravity/Density)
* A minimum of three (3) years' experience in a laboratory environment (Analytical Chemistry Lab preferred)
* Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English
* Ability to read and comprehend Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations
* Must have troubleshooting and problem solving skills
* Ability to work in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision. Organizational skills and Supervisor skills.
* Ability to multi-task and have good time management skills.
* Must have good interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
* Incumbents in this class are subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking, lifting materials weighing up to 50 pounds, withstand periods of possible moderate to loud noise levels.
* Incumbents may be exposed to or work with toxic materials, toxic gases, electrical hazards, dangerous tolls and equipment.
* Work is performed in laboratory environment. Incumbents must be able to use personal protective equipment (e.g. respirators, gloves, etc)
#LI-SJ1 Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)