Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
UC Davis Health is proud to offer a unique combination of personalized care and extraordinary academic medical expertise at our PCN Davis medical office. We offer a full range of patient-centered primary care for both adults and children at this location, with an emphasis on wellness. Davis patients also have periodic on-site access to UC Davis Medical Center specialists in a range of oft-used medical specialties, such as cardiovascular care, dermatology, allergy care and general surgery. As part of a world-class university and the region's only academic health system, our Davis physicians work to apply the latest knowledge to solve health problems and can offer access to new therapies and advanced technologies when needed.
Final Filing Date
Percentage of Time
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs.
THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY
The incumbent is responsible for sustaining an environment of intrinsic good will for the practice while providing optimum services to patients. The incumbent provides licensed medical support to medical care providers as a vocational nurse for the department/clinical team to which it is assigned. The incumbent is supervised by a licensed physician or registered nurse when performing duties within the vocational nurse scope of practice. The incumbent works under the direction of clinic/department management for administrative purposes, including customer service, professional behavior & development, assignment & scheduling of work, and performance of job functions not requiring supervision by a LIP.
* A minimum of 3-years of recent paid LVN experience in a similar setting
* Must provide documentation of graduation from an accredited school of vocational nursing, or completion of education and experience as a corpsman in the United States military.
* Valid current California licensure as a vocational nurse.
* Current CPR certification.
* Must pass UCDHS Pharmacology and Venipuncture verification exams.
* Valid IV Therapy Certification and must pass the UCDHS IV Therapy verification exam
* Recent Phlebotomy experience with both adults and pediatrics
* Epic EMR Experience
* 2 years of experience in an outpatient clinic
* Ability to lift, move, and/or position patients as necessary to room them and prepare them for exams and procedures. May be required to have the ability to retrieve and file bulky medical record charts (up to 3" thick) stored in filing cabinets and on shelves that may be above shoulder level and below waist level, and to efficiently transport multiple charts weighing 5 to 25 pounds throughout the medical office.
* Must be willing to work variable days (including weekends), hours and locations as required to meet business needs of the organization.
* This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.